SOS on First 2006 Team

SOS on First 2006 Team

Postby paul.czarnecki » Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:36 am

OK, I hate my first 2006 team. First off, I picked a pitcher's park and just about everyone in my league picked a hitter's park. I've got 3 US Cellular's in my division.

http://fantasygames.sportingnews.com/baseball/stratomatic/2006/team/team_other.html?user_id=247

Any advice would be appreciated. My pitching staff is a disaster, I'm spending too much money and it's not very good. I'm lacking sluggers in my lineup.
paul.czarnecki

Postby 1crazycanuk » Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:25 am

You still may be able to manage. I was in Petco in a hitter's LEAGUE let alone a hitters division and I was hanging on to first until the last week when a bad luck streak occurred and I finished two games back. It can be done.

I don't know enough to advise you much but I'll take a look. What I do know is, wining in your situation can happen.
1crazycanuk

Postby 1crazycanuk » Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:29 am

I do know this: unless your division is heavy on the lefty pitching department you should get another catcher cuz I guess Mauer goes down a LOT. If your facing all rightys it may be tough for your backup catcher to hit. I didn't look at his card but 7L sounds like he may struggle.

Hopefully someone else can help you better than I but I'm thinking, you probably do need another catcher.
1crazycanuk

Postby paul.czarnecki » Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:02 am

Thanks for the feedback. I was going to platoon Mauer and Olivo but I do run the risk of Mauer going down for a while, leaving me with a catcher who can't hit righties.
paul.czarnecki

Postby paul.czarnecki » Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:29 am

Things are looking slightly better. I scrapped the Mauer/Olivo platoon and picked up Martinez. Also picked up Smoltz so I'm feeling better about my rotation.

I still think I have too much money tied up in the bullpen.
paul.czarnecki

Postby paul.czarnecki » Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:17 am

Thanks, I'm using Bell/Piedra as a DH platoon.

I was pretty much stuck at 1B. There werent' many options left on the free agent market after waivers. Of course, so far in the season, Perez is hitting righties better than lefties. Go figure.
paul.czarnecki

Return to Strategy