Stealing 3rd

Stealing 3rd

Postby BruceF » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:02 am

How can I stop my players from stealing 3rd?
BruceF

Postby LMBombers » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:31 am

lower your team base stealing aggresiveness.
LMBombers

Postby gbrookes » Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:29 pm

I agree with LMBombers.

I find that if the team base stealing strategy is set to aggressive, then HAL tries to steal third base more than I would choose to, strategy-wise.

What I do is set team base stealing to "normal", and then use the individual base stealng preferences on the "hitters" strategy page to get the better stealers to "steal more". I adjust these settings somewhat from series to series, based on the opposing pitchers' holding and catchers' arms. If we are facing some very good holding pitchers or catchers arms, you may wish to set your less carefull base stealers to "don't steal".

I find that HAL generally likes to steal third more than I like. I find that with base stealing set to normal, this doesn't happen very much.

For my strategy taste, I find that HAL is too cautious in getting runners to take an extra base on base running opportunities. For my strategy preferences, I like to set team base running to "aggressive", while I keep the team base stealing setting to "normal".
gbrookes

Postby cookiethewookie » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:35 pm

As a rookie ready to embark on my first season, this has been the best advice I've read yet. Thanks.
cookiethewookie

Postby jmoney211 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:29 am

I had my Base running set to extra conservative and Tavares (AA) I had set to steal "more" the other night he pinch ran and stole 2nd then got thrown out at 3rd. I don't think there is much you can do to stop it completely. With strat it seems that the settings just lower the percentage chance of what they will do. Nothing is absolute and there is always even small percentage chance they will do something. In another league I had cecil fielder (E) steal a base. he was set to "dont" and stealing was on normal.
jmoney211

Return to Strategy