Semi-Final Keys? I am 9-18, but a respectable 4-5 in Finals

What's Key to Semi-Finals success?

Total votes : 0

Semi-Final Keys? I am 9-18, but a respectable 4-5 in Finals

Postby Muadib1950 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:08 am

Is there a "memo" I missed somewhere? What gives with underachieving in the Semis far worse than regular season ... or in the Finals rounds?

Is it dominant pitching even more than regular season? Is it dominant hitting or on-base? Is it dominant bullpen? Are there running rules to pay more attention to? Is it home court for Games 1 and 2?

Appreciate any thoughts -- vote in the Poll, and tell us what you think.
Last edited by Muadib1950 on Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Muadib1950

Postby hallerose » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:54 pm

The best thing is to have the better team and to thus also have homefield (and a team that excels in your home park).

You have a lot more flexibility to consider pitching matchups and ballparks. Game 1 and 5 starter should normally be your best (but also consider ballpark and opponent in making the choice). Game 2 and 3 should always be based on ballpark -- these games will always be played and whoever starts will always (if a 4 day starter) be fresh for the first game of the finals. I try to shorten my bullpen some in the playoffs -- maybe make 1 or 2 relievers mop up).

Maybe adjust a couple settings/line ups if the opponent is weak or strong in certain areas (e.g., poor throwing catcher, lots of lefty hitters, dominant starter against certain types of hitters, lack of lefty relievers).

I'm about 75% in semis and about 70% in finals so something must be working.
hallerose

Postby coyote303 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:48 pm

The number one factor once you make the playoffs is luck. It's not the only one that matters, but in a short series it is king.
coyote303

Return to Strategy