Waiver Question

Waiver Question

Postby joethejet » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:32 pm

Hey Guys,

I'm looking for a clarification on the waiver process. Maybe you guys know.

Let's say Pujols, Tulo, and Hanley are available in waivers, but I'm picking towards the bottom.

Let's say my first three waiver picks are:
Cut D Lee, Grab Pujols
Cut D Lee, Grab Tulo
Cut D Lee, Grab Hanley

If, someone grabs Pujols, will it try to grab Tulo for me the first time around, or will I go to be bottom again and only get a shot at Tulo in "round 2"?

Anyone know for sure?

thanks,

Jet
www.angelfire.com/games5/joethejet
joethejet

Postby Stoney18 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:07 pm

If the player you want (Pujols) has been taken then it will take Tulo. You wouldn't lose your position.
Stoney18

Postby joethejet » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:07 pm

Thanks Stoney! :)
joethejet

Postby kab105 » Tue May 04, 2010 9:56 am

I have to respectfully disagree.

The following was taken right from the "rules" section. -[b:bb1afcd62c] How are the Waiver Claims processed?[/b:bb1afcd62c]

When the Waivers Period ends, our system will automatically process all claims via the following method. All teams will take turns, in Waiver Priority order. On each team's turn:

* That team will win the rights to their highest-ranked Claim.
* If the player claimed fits on the team's roster, the team will assume ownership of him.
o A player "fits" on a roster if all salary considerations and position requirements are met, assuming the player designated to be dropped in this claim, if any, was dropped.
o If the team designated a player to be dropped in the event this claim was won, that player will be dropped.
o All claims by any other teams on this same player will be cancelled.
* If the player claimed does NOT fit on the team's roster, the claim will be cancelled. [b:bb1afcd62c]The team's turn is over; it does not get the chance to win another claim until its next turn in the order.[/b:bb1afcd62c]
* If the player designated to be dropped in the claim is no longer on the team at the time of claim processing, the pickup of the claimed player will still be attempted.
* If a team has lost out to another team on a previous claim, the lost claim will not count as a claim to be processed.

The way I understand this is that you do [b:bb1afcd62c]NOT[/b:bb1afcd62c] automatically get your second waiver claim if you miss out on the first. In above case you would only get a shot at Tulo in "round 2.
kab105

Postby JOSEPHKENDALL » Tue May 04, 2010 2:07 pm

That last part of the section you copied is what determines how it is handled.

* If a team has lost out to another team on a previous claim, the lost claim will not count as a claim to be processed.

Since it will not count as a claim, it will drop to your second pick for that current round if that player has not been previously selected.
JOSEPHKENDALL

Postby coyote303 » Wed May 05, 2010 12:08 am

If you miss your pick because someone got your choice ahead of you, you will get your second (or third, etc.) pick.

However, if you don't get your pick because you don't have enough cash or you no longer have the player you were dropping as part of your move, then you do not get your next pick (at least not until the following round).
coyote303

Postby Valen » Thu May 27, 2010 7:28 pm

Not having the player you listed to drop does not automatically cause you to not get your pick. If you have enough cash to pick up the player anyway the pick will be processed.

For example you have 10 mil in cash and pick a player costing 9 mil with a 7 mil player listed to drop. But that 7 mil guy was dropped the previous round. Does not matter you still get your 9 mil guy because you have 10 mil in your bank account.

If however you only had 8 mil left under cap and picked that 9 mil player but the 7 mil guy not available to drop then the waiver pick fails and you get nothing that round.
Valen

Return to Strategy