Defensive Replacements - Game Engine question

Defensive Replacements - Game Engine question

Postby novie » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:03 pm

Obviously, having a defensive replacement from the bench is merely a matter of making use of settings. Here is a question scenario.

Miller Huggins (2e22) starting at 2B, Nap Lajoie (3e14) starting at 1B. What happens if I were to set Nap as defensive sub #1 at 2B, where he is a 1, and Babe Dahlgren (1e12) at 1B as defensive sub #2.

Logic would be that in proper game situations that Nap would move to 2B and Babe would come in at 1B. However, it appears that Babe is coming in for Nap and leaving Huggins in game.

Any ideas about this?
novie

Postby coyote303 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:07 pm

I would try checking the "Remove for defensive sub with lead" on Huggins and don't do anything on the manager strategy page. No promises, but HAL will probably do the right thing (what you want in this case).
coyote303

HAL . . .

Postby artie4121 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:37 pm

. . . is wonderful. I trust him/her every chance I get.

Note to HAL: You're wonderful buddy/babe/whatever you are.

Artie
artie4121

Postby MIKEARCHAMBAULT » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:01 am

From the HELP Menu:

"When you set players to be your defensive replacements, the computer manager will consider using them from the 7th inning on if you have the lead. The probability of them being used is based on how close the game is.

To define a "defensive double-switch":

Defensive double-switches must be defined as a pair. They can be defined as the first and second defensive replacements or as the third and fourth defensive replacement. Any other combination will not work. For instance, a double-switch cannot be defined as the second and third replacements because the computer manager will not recognize that you wish to make a double-switch.

Then, the player who is (expected to be) in the game already should be listed second, at the position he should move to. The defensive replacement on the bench who you want to come in should be listed first, at his desired position."
MIKEARCHAMBAULT

Return to Strategy