Having problems with CD-ROM

Having problems with CD-ROM

Postby fredpaii » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:38 pm

I have to admit that I unwisely checked the "Color"and Old-Time Stadium boxes in the installation process but trying to rectify that has been a little much. I've sent numerous emails to SOM's tech people and they've responded. Not well. Not in answering my questions. But they've responded.

Perhaps one of you might know the answer to this question (not expecting you to but I need to ask)...

After deleting all the bp000n or d's from the data folder I still have the color product code box coming up after clicking playball. My unanswered question is do I also need to delete all the bp000n or d's.loc's? Are the [i:f940b6255e].locs[/i:f940b6255e] with an n or d need deleting as well? I was only told to remove the bp000's ending in n or d. But for some reason the tech guys over there failed to answer my inquiry about the .locs as well. The ones that have an n or d leading up to the .loc.

Frustrating.

Btw, DON'T be like me and simply check those Color and Old-time Stadium boxes if you don't have that software and don't plan on acquiring it. Don't do that. :shock:

UPDATE: Yes, the .loc files also need deleting. The ones with either an n or d within them. It works now! :D Peavy just beat the 2008 Phillies, 6-1.
fredpaii

Postby voovits » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:10 pm

I did that once. I ended up removing all my authorizations, deleting the whole thing and reinstalling it all again.
Good to know there's an easier solution.
voovits

Postby coyote303 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:29 pm

A bit of a tangent, but I think SOM's decision to sell color stadiums at an extra cost is stupid and short sighted.

Much of SOM's business has to come from a current customer showing it to someone new. Showing them the game with a color stadium (which I refuse to pay for) is more likely to make a future sale. First impressions can be overcome but it's still a factor.
coyote303

Postby fredpaii » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:49 am

[quote:13e4ba651d="voovits"]I did that once. I ended up removing all my authorizations, deleting the whole thing and reinstalling it all again.
Good to know there's an easier solution.[/quote:13e4ba651d]

Having not done that I can't say my way was easier or not. But I did want to copy and paste the response from SOM tech support here for those who might need it in the future. Just remember that the bp000 (three #'s) followed by either an n(N) or d(D) are ALL to be deleted. Even those that precede [b:13e4ba651d].loc[/b:13e4ba651d] You can access the drive you used to put the SOM disk in by going to the "start" icon and then click on "run". Type in the drive you used followed by :\\\\SETUP. My drive is an E-drive so it looked like this...E:\\\\SETUP. Then click OK and look for "CDROMBB".

Here was the initial response from SOM that says how to do it (but without the initial drive access info and the .loc stuff)...

"Unfortunately, there is no easy way to uninstall the color ballpark files.
You need to do this manually by going to the CDROMBB game folder and opening
up the DATA folder. this is where the ballpark files are installed. You will
see a bunch of files with BP then a number like BP000. these are the black
and white files, leave them alone. You will also see the color files which
will have a D or an N after the name, for example BP000D or BP000N. These D
and N files need to be deleted. Once they are gone you will not get the
color stadium disk request and the game will use the default black and white
ballparks

SOM"

There were quite a few files that needed deleting (I'm thinking at least sixty, probably more). You might accidentally delete a regular bp file. In that case reinstall and try again. The good news is once the n or d files have been deleted, they stay deleted and all you do when reinstalling is reacquire the accidentally deleted black and white files that you need to run the game.

PLEASE READ...This is weird. As I typed in the drive access I noticed it came out with two back-slashes. You only do one.
fredpaii

Return to Strategy