How often does HAL hold a * stealer at second base???

Postby gbrookes » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:51 pm

This is relevant where a lefty hitter like Suzuki hits a GB to shortstop, and it is a # reading on the SS X chart or (on the batter card) a GB SS A+. (I say Suzuki, because, unlike most lefty hitters, his GB A + result is to the opposite infield - SS - and with a runner on 2nd this creates a potential Single **, but ONLY if the runner on second is being held.

So, for example, if the runner on second is Reyes, HAL is almost certainly going to hold that runner standing on second base. If, on the other hand, the runner is Granderson, do you think HAL would hold Granderson? The reason why I ask about Granderson is that his second steal rating is relatively low (1-6). On the other hand, would HAL hold Granderson simply to reduce his running rating by one? Any thoughts on this from online or CD -ROM play?/Geoff Brookes
gbrookes

Postby Valen » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:43 pm

It is my understanding * stealers are always held by HAL.
Valen

Postby MARCPELLETIER » Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:33 am

[quote:52f6897524]It is my understanding * stealers are always held by HAL. [/quote:52f6897524]

At first base.

The *-rule does not apply to second base.

As a rule, Hal will hold at second base runners whose second numbers are in the 12+ zone. Granderson would not be held.

BTW, Geoff, didn't I answer your question recently? Please try to limit the same question to one post. No need to replicate your question in multiple post. Thanks.
MARCPELLETIER

Postby gutter huggers » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:14 am

Interesting. I'm playing the A-dome, with lot's of hitters, with A or AA basestealing ratings. That produces singles, since Hal is holding the runner.

That explains a lot.
gutter huggers

GB A+

Postby coyote303 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:24 pm

GB A+ does not result in a single when a runner is being held. (It does in the basic SOM game, but not in the super advanced TSN version.)

Holding a runner does result in more singles because the range rating for key infielders goes up by 1 and there are certain results on the X chart that result in more hits. However, GB A+ only results in a single when the infield is playing in.
coyote303

Return to Strategy