Card Computation

Postby joethejet » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:42 am

Gotcha. I missed that he was publishing percentages. That explains a lot.

Jet
www.angelfire.com/games5/joethejet
joethejet

Greasemonkey Script

Postby Verbal Warrior » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:23 pm

Consider me not as advanced Computer Wise but I installed this Grease Monkey script into Firefox 3.0.8 and do not know how to get it to work on specific player cards, any help would be appreciated.
Verbal Warrior

Postby tjbraun » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:53 pm

I got the 2008/atg4 script installed but the 2008 stadiums aren't and option?
tjbraun

"objectivity" and analysis vs judgement and gut instinct

Postby gbrookes » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:31 pm

I've played strat-o-matic for about 40 years now. I was amazed and thrilled to discover the online strat, and I have been playing regularly online for the past 18 months. I have enjoyed reading up on various excellent theories regarding run production and math models for this. I am using those models, including my own analysis of the player cards (objective and mathematical). However - for an experienced strat-o-matic gamer, I think you develop an instinct for the value of a player's card, and perhaps especially where it might fit best on a team in a batting order - and in a particular ballpark. I would encourage even new players to try this out, and treat it as an experiment. After all, that is a large part of the fun! Just don't be too discouraged when it doesn't seem to be working - treat every experience as a learning experience, and wait long enough for the luck factor to equalize. Try to learn from each experiment. But most of all, work on your instinct and judgement - always informed by the data and analysis, but your judgement in the end! :) Geoff Brookes (PS doing well in 2008!)
gbrookes

Postby gutter huggers » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:55 am

I agree Mr. Brookes. The math is there, but there is nothing better than playing a hunch, and have it work out.
gutter huggers

Previous

Return to Strategy