New to strat-o-matic: choosing a ballpark

Postby theClaw » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:10 pm

scroll down to the newbie advice thread farther down this page and start reading. you may be best served by going for a neutral park (1-10)ballpark singles and home run effect.
theClaw

Postby gutter huggers » Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:20 pm

I like Aray's summary. The pitcher's won't excell as much with a big ballpark, as the hitters do in hitter's parks.

The leagues that I have been in, only 15 so far, show me that players seem to favor high scoring games, over low scoring ones. So, your pitcher's are going to have to face a lot of ballparks stacked with hitter's.

You can still get through the regular season this way, but you'd better have home field in the playoffs. Just what Aray said will kick in.
gutter huggers

Postby nomo4evers » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:01 am

I think the posts before mine point out something important. As much as I love strat the 50/50 concept of hitting and pitching is it's biggest flaw IMHO. In reality good pitching almost always beats good hitting. You look at all star games as an example of the best against the best and seldom do they end 14-8 More often then not 6-4 would be the norm. I have played strat since the 70's and still think the pitcher card should be 3 to 6 and the hitter..1 and 2. Weak pitchers would still get hit and good ones would do a more realistic job. I am in a ATG league where one team has close to a .350 batting ave. Thats really out of whack.All that being said I still love the game and live to be in new leagues all the time.[/b]
nomo4evers

Return to Strategy