'07 Pitching Budgets

'07 Pitching Budgets

Postby STEVEPONEDAL » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:51 pm

For '07, are people still looking at a pitching budget of 30 to $32M?

I am going to play in Busch. There is also Camden, Chase and Comerica.

Right now I am at $26.89 and am in a no DH league.

I think my pitcher's have relatively low OBPs.

My righty specilist is going to be Guzman.

Here's my team. Should I spend more on pitching?

http://fantasygames.sportingnews.com/stratomatic/team/team_other.html?user_id=147681

Thanks

sponedal
STEVEPONEDAL

Postby Palmtana » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:48 am

Hi Steve. Long time no strattalk. No sure about the P $ split. We'll have to wait for J-Pav to answer that one. As far as your team goes I would trade one of your non *SP for a *SP and trade the other for a 50 cent guy who won't start. Not much left on the *SP front. Maddux and Carmona look like your best bets.

As far as relief, combined, all 5 of your pitchers have only 2 BPHR's. BPHR's on a card lead to a discount. You are paying extra for not having them and at Busch BPHR's on a P card are a good thing. Zumaya, Neshek, Shields are available. Look at their cards for examples of what you need.

Hitting wise, the problem with having 3 players taking up 60% of your hitting $ is the holes it leaves elsewhere. Since you have 12 RHP and only 2 LHP in your division, I would keep Chipper. That leaves Posada or Pena to downgrade. Not much left at catcher so I would pick up Shawn Green to platoon with Pearce (love those 2B's) at 1B. Neither will disappoint in my experience. In CF, Bourn hits RHP (30 hits) much better than Patterson. Pick up Sullivan for his backup when he goes down. Or Dejesus is there to man the position himself. Redman/Clark platoon, right?

Actually, now that I right it all down, I think there is still a lot of $ left over and not much left to spend it on. See if you can make the hitter changes with just the P $ savings and keep Pena. :D
Palmtana

RP school

Postby STEVEPONEDAL » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:20 pm

Hey Palmtana,

Hope you are well out in PS. What do you see the Angels doing in the offseason.

Thanks for the scoop on the RPs in pitcher's parks. I thought that was the case but wasn't sure.

Found Pearce by accident nd am using him in platoons at either 1B or RF. I thought he would be perfect for a Pitcher's Park.

I was toying with the idea of Mcdonld at SS instead of Vizquel as well.

Steve
STEVEPONEDAL

Postby Palmtana » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:03 pm

O'Flaherty and Beimel are twins. Drop the O-Man for Owings. He takes care of RHH's and has 5 BPHR's vs. LHH's. Great spot starter vs. the Camden playing [i:e7609a2fea]Shawangunk Panthers IV[/i:e7609a2fea]. If you make the switch before the scores are posted tonight you won't incur the 20% penalty.

As far as the Angels go,

Lose Garland
Lose K-Rod
Lose Rivera
Lose Garret
Arredondo closes (his September reminded me of K-Rods initial splash)
Sign Tex
Sign C.C.
Sign Holliday

At least those are possibilities I get from the internet. And the internet is alway's right. Right?
Good luck with the team!
Palmtana

Return to Strategy