Clutch hitting

Clutch hitting

Postby rmatty39 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:22 am

I have a delema. My lineup is stacked, but I don't have a true leadoff guy. At the start of the year I was using Posada as my leadoff and he ripped it up to the point where I wanted to push him back into some RBI situations in the 3 hole. My three hole was Wright but I have switched him and Posada and he is now leading off. My question is... Are certain players more clutch but have the same amount of hit rolls?
Who is better suited for the leadoff??

http://fantasygames.sportingnews.com/stratomatic/team/team_other.html?user_id=125910
rmatty39

Postby durantjerry » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:40 am

Certain players are not more "clutch", as you use the term. If it works for you though, roll with it. I would bat Youk leadoff because of the OBP and he is an OK RBI guy, but nothing you would miss with your squad. Ideally, the leadoff guy s/b a *runner, that is he gets held on if he reaches, and his running s/b better than Youk's. However, you don't really seem to have a leadoff guy. I have won with slow, OBP guys as leadoff in slugging parks, but I have played a lot and seen the value of speed in the #1 spot. A fast guy scores an amazing number more runs than a slow guy with a similar or even slightly higher OBP.
durantjerry

Postby ClowntimeIsOver » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:14 pm

Why not Youkilis vs lefties and DeJesus vs righties -- they both have decent OBP and you aren't wasting any power, while Youkilis's 1-13 speed isn't awful given that LH starters are the exception. Forget about SB, they're overrated.
ClowntimeIsOver

Return to Strategy