first speed team...need some advice,

C'mon DavidRis.....

Postby mlayers » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:10 am

Dude.....have you EVER had an original thought for yourself? You have been playing this game for years.....and you basically NEVER put together your own team. All you do is ask everyone else what you should do. Try to actually learn something and put your own team together without help. You are soooo weak!
mlayers

Postby joethejet » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:25 am

Hey, if it works for him, who cares?

Here's a speed team that I won a championship with:

http://register.sportingnews.com/stratomatic/playoffs/team_other.html?user_id=74734&stats=sim

One stud SP (Verlander), One big Bat Teixeira, well and Wright. Good D, but not outstanding D. Played in Busch. Drafted bargain pitchers, some with HRs.

Jet
www.angelfire.com/games5/joethejet
joethejet

ouch!

Postby DavidRis » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:19 am

Hey mlayers...

I'm sooooo sorry to have offended you.

I obviously have put plenty of teams together by myself, but to your strong well thought out point, I have gotten plenty (tons and heaps) of help and advice via the messages boards and other players. (LM Bombers gets an especially big shout out of thanks!)

Just maybe I've gotten more help than anyone else in the history of strat baseball now that you point it out! ;)

When I first started playing I knew nothing of the game and my very slow short bus brain never would have figured it all out had it not been for all the friendly advice I got from the players who regularly answered questions on the message boards. In fact, I must admit it's one of the things I really liked about the game and probably one of the main reasons I kept buying more teams and turning other people on to it.

But!!! I never saw the horrid adultery of it all until your much needed intervention!! I'm soooo ashamed!! However, because of you 'oh wise mlayers' I now realize how weak I am and see that I owe all the other players an apology! Could you please tell me the way that I should play and enjoy strat from now on, and what questions I may ask on the message boards so as not to offend great players like yourself??

Better yet dude, maybe you should ask some questions and get some advice on things yourself. (And I don't just mean this game.)
But then I guess pretending you know everything and trying to look cool by insulting someone who hasn't done a thing to you is original.

But seriously, to the stratomatic community which has always been so friendly and generous with their knowledge; I'm sorry I've picked your collective brains so much and I'll try not to ask so many questions from now on. But I can't make any promises as I have about as much common sense as HAL using RP's in the 9th inning sometimes!

:?

Punchy
aka. the weakest link!
DavidRis

Previous

Return to Strategy