Theme league strategy

Theme league strategy

Postby RICHARDMILTER » Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:34 pm

I have just joined my first theme league. It is a live draft(200million) and you HAVE to draft one(and only one)player from each real MLB team. Does anyone know a good strategy for this type of league?Should I go for the best available players, or take really good players off of really bad teams. Remember I have to pick one player from EVERY team,and only one! Does anyone have any thoughts on strategy for this live draft format??? Thanks for any help!!!
RICHARDMILTER

Postby geekor » Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:40 pm

If it were me I would go best player available. there are always backups you can get from the other teams, but ESPECIALLY in a 200 mil league, you want the best players possible.

That's especially true for positions without a lot of choices. I mean anyone can get a decent 2 range 2b or SS that kill lefties, there's like 4-5 of each, but getting a good 1 ro 2 range CF, that hit well also, that's tougher. Of course the 10+ mil hitters will go first, as well they should.

Don't forget pitching either, stock up on the best available player every time.
geekor

Postby RICHARDMILTER » Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:41 pm

Thanks Geekor!
RICHARDMILTER

Re: Theme league strategy

Postby keyzick » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:12 pm

[quote:a53a7914b5="rmilter"]I have just joined my first theme league. It is a live draft(200million) and you HAVE to draft one(and only one)player from each real MLB team. Does anyone know a good strategy for this type of league?Should I go for the best available players, or take really good players off of really bad teams. Remember I have to pick one player from EVERY team,and only one! Does anyone have any thoughts on strategy for this live draft format??? Thanks for any help!!![/quote:a53a7914b5]

Yes, my advice is to ignore my advice...I'm doing awful in 08. Of course that would put you in an endless loop wouldn't it...? Hmmm... :shock:
keyzick

Return to Strategy