Can I compete?

Can I compete?

Postby mfsleeze » Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:58 pm

Pretty bored so I decided to try a theme team, called "One and Dunn". Yup, a team of all 1s plus Dunn as my DH. I got everyone I put in for except Chavez (Blalock). I had to give up Crawford for Lew Ford because I needed the OBP, but otherwise I'm pretty close. So do you think I can compete? 75% RHP and all hitters' parks in my division (2 Coors, 2 Ameriquest (me))

C - Matheny/Torrealba (I know, no offense but it's a theme)
1B - Helton
2B - Boone
3B - Blalock
SS - Izturis
LF - Ford
CF - Wells
RF - Ichiro
DH - Dunn

SP - Davis, Thomson, Weaver, Mulder, Maroth
RP - Rincon, Adams, Cruz, Parrish, Walker

I guess I need someone else to tell me I don't have enough offense, but Rolen is the only guy I can pick up and he killed me once this year with a late season 15 gamer so I'm reluctant to pick him up.
mfsleeze

Postby JOELKING » Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:01 pm

mfsleeze, If your allowed to get Grissom, i think that might be huge investment, cheap and very good against lefties, i am sure you know that, dont need to tell you, :) what other players are you allowed to get? gives me an idea before i make any other suggestions.
JOELKING

Postby durantjerry » Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:33 am

I don't think Grissom is needed, as you already have Wells, who is similar. Your line up is pretty balanced. You should have kept Crawford and just led him off. I like defensive themed teams myself. good Luck.
durantjerry

Postby JAYDINGESS1 » Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:56 pm

I wish you all the luck out there as I too like defense based teams. However, I could be wrong but I think bphr's are going to kill you. I will read those sp cards and get back to you but I think most do better in pitcher parks.

Will repost.

Jay
JAYDINGESS1

Return to Strategy