w Hitters in Hitting Park

w Hitters in Hitting Park

Postby Palmtana » Sat May 17, 2008 11:30 am

I know it's frowned upon but is it a SOM sin to have a w-rated hitter in a hitting park? Right now, preseason, I have Schumaker at the Cell. The other parks in my division are also hitting parks. Raburn is available. He and Schumaker have essentially the same hits, OB and TB vs. RHP (I only face 2 LHP in the division) but Raburn is N powered and has 3 BPHR's vs. RHP. Schumaker is the only w-rated player on the team. As long as I don't get sent to HAL purgatory, I would prefer to spend the 1.6 million difference in price elsewhere.
Palmtana

Postby visick » Thu May 29, 2008 7:27 am

I wouldn't call it a sin. :)

Schumaker is a very nice value in this set. Lotsa hits with very good D.

If you've got power elsewhere in the lineup and need a lefty bat, use him.
visick

Postby emart » Thu May 29, 2008 9:22 am

I think before I made that decision I'd look at the other SP in the division and see how many bphr they give up to RH hitters. If the other teams are carrying SP with some bphr on their cards v. RH, say an average of 2-3 per SP, I'd go with Raburn or another N hitter because you'll be missing out on many HR opportunities by using Schumaker. In the Cell, I'd look to guys like Church (if LF), Scott, or even Ibanez in your situation before Raburn, with so few LHSP in the division.

Overall I don't think its a sin, but in the Cell with few LHSP, there are probably moves that will yield more runs for your money.

Good luck.
emart

Postby Palmtana » Thu May 29, 2008 7:50 pm

Thanks for the responses. I agree about Schumaker. I had him on my first 2 pitching park teams and he excelled. His performances and value were why he was under consideration for the Cell but I ended up going with Soriano in LF. Beltran and Markakis are out there also to point Alfonso towards the ball.
Palmtana

Return to Strategy