Every indicator is in place...but not the W-L

Every indicator is in place...but not the W-L

Postby cummings2 » Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:16 pm

Open question (no team link neccessary)

What do you do when your team is performing well, good OBP, AVG, SLG, ERA, K:BB ratio, DPs, low # of errors, your starters and pen are performing their roles accordingly and your lineup is working as it should (every spot is doing what is intended) but you loose more games than you win or you are not winning as many games as you should be winning.

For example I have a team in the around the 120 game mark, I've scored around 750 runs and allowed around 570 (will check actual numbers in a sec and post them)...the team is only 10 games above 500 since I usually win by large margins but all too often loose the close games.

The question is...what do you guys do in cases like that, change the team around, tip your hat to your opponent, alter manager settings...

I have been staying pat. If a team has the right indicators I just let it be...interested in your 2 cents
cummings2

Postby Play By The Rules » Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:01 am

I've got a couple teams like that, although earlier on. Good run differential but just not winning the close games I guess.

For me it is probably because I tend to rely on the .50m closer combos like Wickman/Walker, etc. I'm guessing that I'm getting a lot of close games and blowing them.

I usually stand pat, although I'm always checking my L/R balances and things like this. Might want to pursue a trade, although I wouldn't drop.
Play By The Rules

Postby cummings2 » Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:24 pm

PBTR that was snazzy cool!!! I went back to look at that particular team I mentioned above and: The difference between the pythagorean record and the actual record is 7 wins, I should have won 7 games more than what i have so far AND my closer by comitee -yes you were right about my bullpen- accounts for a total of 9 Loses. You win the psychic of the strat '05 strategy forum award! 8)
cummings2

Sometimes...

Postby ROBERTVOZZA » Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:49 am

If you actually go back and check the boxscores of a lot of your losses, you can find a flaw - for me it tends to be the way Hal uses my bullpen.

But I am just too friggin' lazy to do that often. But whenever I check I am absolutely appalled when I see someone like Brandon Backe getting way more innings than Krod. It absolutely drives me insane. I have never figured out how to manage my bullpen as close to the way I would actually do so.
ROBERTVOZZA

Postby cummings2 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:16 am

Aha! with that I think I can be of some help Rob, I am actually quite happy with the way that HAL has been using my pen(s)...you see HAL has feelings too Robo, you gotta give it a little love every now and then here in the boards. We can go through some of my settings...I'll show you mine if you show me yours kind of thing. :wink:

Actually kidding aside my pen techniques are quite dumbfounding as well...still I'll show you mine if really want to :twisted:
cummings2

Return to Strategy