What's more important when building a team?

What's more important when building a team?

Postby uncle ny » Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:29 pm

1) Trying to contruct a team that's dominant at home, or

2) Trying to construct a team that's good for your park but also competitive on the road?

I have my thoughts. Would like to hear what the rest of you think before sharing my views.
uncle ny

Postby durantjerry » Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:15 pm

I would say definately go for being good at home. That being said, you make adjustments based on your opponents parks so you can at least be competetive on the road. Your opponents parks can(and should) influence how you put your team together. I have many recent examples in various games of teams that I have had to adjust based mainly on divisional parks. I have a 1986 Kingdome(HR park) team in with all divisional pitching parks in the 1986 game and an Astrodome(BP HR #1, Fly B 2-20) team in a league with almost all hitting parks in the 70's game. I still have my "type" of hitters for my home park, but to a much lesser extent than I would have in a different alignment. There are just too many games in parks where a non-versatile hitter will fail. BTW, both teams are in 1st place and may even both have best record. The same logic would apply to pitching and L/R park issues. However, in the end 50% of your games are in your park so that's where your emphasis must be IMO. Question seems like a no-brainer.
durantjerry

Return to Strategy