First 2007 Team, advise needed

First 2007 Team, advise needed

Postby HockeyMan1 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:33 pm

This is my first crack at 2007... I have been silent during the waiver period. Am I ok or should I drop ARod & Varitek for A.Ramirez and R. Martin at Catcher. all relative to my division
Thanks, need comments good and bad about this team

http://fantasygames.sportingnews.com/stratomatic/team/team_other.html?user_id=74348
HockeyMan1

As I tell everyone

Postby chasenally » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:41 pm

I can't solve any problems I see with players but I do understand this game. Weakness here is OF range is bad. I like A-Rod as he has done well for me but that's alot of money held to 1 spot. Your lineup is very nice and you should hit a buttload of HR's 8-) . Errors (Vlad will probaly commit 25 errors) and running against you on the base paths in the OF might be a problem with only 1 arm in RF. The problem I do see that will really hurt IMHO is how much do you want to rely on Nunez as your RP? Your only RP with 2 or more innings and he will pitch alot for you. Probaly 45% of your relief innings. That's alot of HR's from that card. Your starters only go 6 before fatigue and in a hitters park that brings on the bullpen 90% of the time :shock: . Most vets carry atleast 11 pitchers in a hitters park. I see you scoring alot of runs but can you keep the other teams from scoring more? I do LOVE your infield :D .
chasenally

thanks

Postby HockeyMan1 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:59 pm

Thanks for the input. I don't know if i helped the cause or not but I swapped out berkman for Kotchman. The advantage being a 1 at 1b with about 10 less errors and Kotchman can hit lefties as well as righties. I felt I would be weak against Lefties and my division opponents have plenty of lefties. I also got rid of Nunez... financial reasons to get kotchman.
Thanks again.... did i make a kotchman mistake? cause berkman has been picked up already.
HockeyMan1

Defense

Postby chasenally » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:25 pm

1B does not make many errors. 3rd does. Up the middle (SS 2B CF) are important 2 out of 3 for sure. Your SS will make more plays then anyone followed by your CF. Have you signed up to play the '86 game if not get 5 teams going soon. They are free and will help you to understand the game more. They are free and you can do anything you want as it will not effect your rating at all. As for your RP get 11 pitchers and have 2 that can go 2 or more innings. Find cheap RP that are hard L or R that is to say they are rated 9R and 9L or close to that and set them only to pitch against that side. A platoon system is very good at 1 postion in the field. (9R and 9L) you can find 1 of each at most postions. This saves you $$$$$$$ and you can spend it elsewhere. Try the'86 league and try all kinds of things. I have 7 teams and it is fun and educational. The best thing to do is play and the '86 season is free.
chasenally

thanks again

Postby HockeyMan1 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:42 am

Yes, I am playing a few 86 teams.. even did a live draft team which is an experience. No cap at all. Kinda strange when you can take anyone you want without worrying about the cap. All teams have 28 players and why not. After 1st 3 games we are 2-1. I still don't know whether or not this berkman-Kotchman thing is gonna haunt me in the end. Good Luck
HockeyMan1

Postby RICHARDMILTER » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:07 pm

You will not need a backup in CF. Sizemore played 162 games, therefore he can not get hurt. Just thought you might like to know. I think Kotchman is fine at first. If anything your starting rotation is a little weak. But your hitting and fielding are fine!
RICHARDMILTER

Re: Defense

Postby emm9230 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:07 pm

[quote:7f42a06a30="OSU Beaver Repeaters"]1B does not make many errors. 3rd does. Up the middle (SS 2B CF) are important 2 out of 3 for sure. Your SS will make more plays then anyone followed by your CF. Have you signed up to play the '86 game if not get 5 teams going soon. They are free and will help you to understand the game more. They are free and you can do anything you want as it will not effect your rating at all. As for your RP get 11 pitchers and have 2 that can go 2 or more innings. Find cheap RP that are hard L or R that is to say they are rated 9R and 9L or close to that and set them only to pitch against that side. A platoon system is very good at 1 postion in the field. (9R and 9L) you can find 1 of each at most postions. This saves you $$$$$$$ and you can spend it elsewhere. Try the'86 league and try all kinds of things. I have 7 teams and it is fun and educational. The best thing to do is play and the '86 season is free.[/quote:7f42a06a30]

X chances by position from the pitcher's card(s):

SS - 7
2B - 6
CF, 3B, C - 3
LF, RF, 1B, P - 2
emm9230

what about?

Postby HockeyMan1 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:07 am

Thinking of tuning up my pitcing staff... will drop ARod into free Agency as well as Isringhausen, McGowen & Hernandez
For:
Aramis Ramirez, Randy Johnson, R. Soriano & P. Misch

Not desperate yet for pitching but concerned.

What do you think?? big move for me
HockeyMan1

thanks muchly

Postby HockeyMan1 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:54 pm

I really, really appreciate the advise and you taking time to check this all out. Thanks.. I will take your advise and shop him. He is leading the league in HR's so far hitting .315 w/.422 OBP. I won't be in a hurry. I agree with you about the much needed relief pitcher and I do need a lefty.
Wish me luck and again I really do appreciate your thoughts on this.
I will definately take your advise on the pitcher settings.
HockeyMan1

Return to Strategy