When to bring the Infield in??

When to bring the Infield in??

Postby ANDYCOCHRANE » Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:40 am

I always leave this on 3rd Inning but would not be averse to changing it. I uaually, (so far) play in neutral parks, so would a change to 4th or 5th be worth it?
ANDYCOCHRANE

Postby Leo / loob » Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:48 pm

Shank-

I think if ya ask most, this, is probably one of the things that is least understood in the online version.

First, what manager in their right mind, would ALWAYS bring the infield in, in the first thru 5th innings? I mean, come on, what about the 6,7,8 and 9th innings??

There has always been an outrcy for better control over the bullpen. On that same note, I think it is just as important to have better control over when the infield is to come in.

I know that, I for one, am not sure exactly what the hell it does. Yes, I know that it is to prevent a run, which, inreturn, cuts out the chance of DP's.....

All I know is that I set all my teams at 5th inning and let is slide. I never look back at it.

Should I?
Leo / loob

Infield In

Postby FRANKZAHN » Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:10 pm

I always set it to 5th inning. I have no idea if it makes a difference.
FRANKZAHN

Postby goredsox33 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:14 pm

yes i think we should have more control....
there are times in a game when you would bring it in dpeending on the situation...

if you are going against a RJ or santana
you may bring it in early.....
yet if you have a 3 run lead in the 7th inning you may leave them back, concede the runb take the dp
goredsox33

Return to Strategy