Cheapies

Postby Stoney18 » Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:03 pm

Price guideline is hard to give because it depends on what you need.

Price is made up of a number of factors. A 1 defensive rating will raise the price of a mediocre hitter. Multiple positions also raises price.
Stoney18

Postby JdEarly » Sat Nov 05, 2005 4:03 am

There are quite a few ways that people look at players in this game, and their price doesn't usually set them up with a category. Personally, I think of anyone under $1 million being a "cheapy," but there are also players such as Kerry Robinson, Mike Matheny, Eric Young, Deivi Cruz that I generally refer to as a "bargain" instead.

A cheapy, to me, would be a .50M fifth starter when you have a four man rotation, because you have to have five starters on your roster. Or a .50M catcher when you have a guy like Jason Kendall, who doesn't get hurt very often. Again, this is just my take on the situation.

Also, I feel that a guy like Bobby Abreu is a "bargain" because of the offense he brings to the table at a relatively low $6.85M.

Yeah, all I really did there was muddy the waters. I'm sorry.
JdEarly

Postby Jerlins » Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:08 am

Amezaga is one of my favorites, and not by accident either. I'm nuts, but I actually put him on my draft list, and if I don't get him I'm shocked, because he's normally in my top 20. There is nothing more comforting to know he'll be there when you get hit with an injury up the middle during a game or a series. Plus at least he has power from both sides, which can help when your opponents toss one of their bargain basement pitchers at you. I've been quite lucky with him, if I could get a full season of stats from what he's averaged for me in his limited appearences, I'd play the guy every day. I was in one league where someone actually did use him as a platoon and received 11 hrs and 33 rbis in 352 AB's. I've gotten less production over a full year from better shortstops.
Jerlins

Postby goredsox33 » Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:23 am

Crusader i have used amazega also as a backup and def replacement and hes been great.. and hes great when someone gets hurt......

and i like what you hhave done with your starters and yes ifyou use 4 man rotation you SHOULD NOT have a 5th starter higher than .50 mil
goredsox33

Return to Strategy