How did I lose?

Postby Leo / loob » Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:50 pm

Whoa there! Who the hell is the new guy banging on coffee like that?

There was nothing sarcastic about what he said, less, you are that much of a Yankee homer....

Let me look at your team, and we'll see if I can add anything constructive, like coffee was trying to do......

:roll: sheesh, not sure why I am bothering, but will anyway....
Leo / loob

Postby Leo / loob » Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:33 pm

Seen you made some changes already, and, outside of trading, making further changes might not be in the best interest of the team (losing too much in salary due to the 20% cap hit)....

For future reference, OBP and def are really important in Yankee stadium.

It is estimated, that a 4 at 2b, compared to a two at 2b, (range wise that is), could cost .25 added on to a teams ERA. Over 162 games, thats an additional 41 runs or so a year. Now, I will give you a "push" cause its soriano, his defense will probably lose you 5-8 games a year, but his bat will win 5-8 also.

TSN-SOM online version skinny:

1. OBP is HUGE
2. Def is too, depending on ballpark
2A. secondbase, shortstop ranges should not be worse than a "2"
2B. RF arm is kinda important
2C. 1b and 3b def honestly does NOT matter (just dont play a "5")

3. Look at player cards carefully, ballpark effects, well, they are just that, effects, and they are game changers. Just as important an aspect as anything else in this game.
Leo / loob

Postby Coffeeholic » Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:42 pm

Whoa... just by accident read through this thread again! :shock:

Hechojazz, Leo, Frank, Jerlins... thanks for gracious words!

I don't know if you're still around Kaching, but please be assured that my comments were not meant to be sarcastic or be-litlling! Sometimes the written word can be misleading, and in re-reading my post I can understand where my intent could easily have mis-construed. I'm sorry that this seems to have been the case.
Coffeeholic

Postby Jerlins » Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:52 pm

Lol, surprise!!! I actually got a screw you for coming to your defense, but somehow, it is no longer a part of this thread, can't explain how that happened.
Jerlins

Postby MICHAELTARBELL » Mon Oct 31, 2005 3:05 pm

[quote:3b23c03041]Hechojazz, Leo, Frank, Jerlins... thanks for gracious words!
[/quote:3b23c03041]

I would have said something nice to Coffee....but didn't want you to get a swelled head! :wink: :)
MICHAELTARBELL

Postby Runnin Rebel » Sat Dec 24, 2005 3:52 am

Young Jedi Knight respect Yoda, he must.....

No matter how loaded the pitching is let's start w/ ALL the "4's" you have in the line-up. They're killing you. Too many players with limited defensive range will give up too many extra basehits and what I like to call "unearned-earned runs". X-basehits that a 1 or 2 would make, but an iron gloved defender with the range of a kitchen sink will let through turning a third out into an eventually rally. Just curious, post how many errors and PBs your team has committed to date.

Your opponent's third-base coaches had to have their rotator cuffs replaced because they send everyone on your weak-armed outfielders. Plus OFs and Cs just invite the other team to run for daylight. In a close game a runner gets +2 with two outs so you are giving between 3 -5 points back, enough to lay a red carpet at home plate.

You have too many starters. With three short starters you can go with a four-man rotation of Nomo, Moose, Zambrano, Johnson. Cut Rogers, Burkett and Graves (the printed HR's are killer) at the knees and invest in a 2-mil set-up man to work with Rivera.

I'll check back and suggest a few transactions to right this sinking ship.

One final bit of advice, Strat-o-gy is different than normal baseball strategy.
Runnin Rebel

Postby cwostevec » Sat Dec 31, 2005 2:49 pm

How can anyone bad mouth Coffee? Look at the numbers. Like others, I have benefited from Coffee's advice and posts.

Have some respect!!!!
cwostevec

Postby 1crazycanuk » Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:25 pm

[quote:0d37076490="cwostevec"]How can anyone bad mouth Coffee? Look at the numbers. Like others, I have benefited from Coffee's advice and posts.

Have some respect!!!![/quote:0d37076490]

Look how old the post is though...
1crazycanuk

Previous

Return to Strategy