How did I lose?

How did I lose?

Postby kaching_77 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:20 pm

This is my team(its from 03)
[url]http://fantasygames.sportingnews.com/baseball/stratomatic/2003/team/team_other.html?user_id=97969[/url]

I laughed after the draft and waivers when I saw because my team was so good. If I had Javy Lopez or Ivan, it would be the All Star team.

The thing is:i won my opening series, but then i lost six games straight to teams with there best player is Jason Isringhausen.
Whats my problem? Is it my managoral settings or is a catcher that important?
kaching_77

Postby Coffeeholic » Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:32 pm

Hey kaching!

Your link does not work. Try this:

1) left click on statistics;

2) right click on your team;

3) copy and paste in this thread.
Coffeeholic

Postby pinhead1987 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:18 pm

You have too much money invested in your bench. You've spent 1.96 Castilla who has 0 ab's and 1.93 on Alfonso who has 1 ab. I usually spend under $1M on my bench players, most of the time spending only the minumum of $.5M.
pinhead1987

Postby MARCPELLETIER » Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:15 am

I think that this is his team:

http://fantasygames.sportingnews.com/baseball/stratomatic/2003/team/team_other.html?user_id=98209

I don't think your team is that good. Soriano playing 2b is terrible. Even with the 20% cut, I think you should cut him loose and have a better defenseman. Dunn and Williams are getting paid too much to be bench players. You lack at least another good reliever. You have three *SP and two expensive SP with no *. You should have either 3 *SP and 2 cheap non-* SP, or else 4 *SP. Finally, you should reduce the number of bench player and invest the money in your pitching.
MARCPELLETIER

Newbie Advice Thread

Postby Coffeeholic » Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:36 am

Kaching, welcome to Strat-o-matic.

You've compiled a nice fantasy team with lots of your favorite Yankee players. Unfortunately, that does not translate into success in Strat.

There is a thread in this "Strategy" forum titled: "Newbie Advice Thread". If you've got time, it would be very beneficial for you to read.

In Strat, it's all about the cards... stats are irrelevant.
Coffeeholic

Postby tersignf » Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:23 pm

TSN should put you on the payroll Coffee; responses like that keep the new blood from getting frustrated!
It's amazing how everyone's very prompt and helpful in general, as the storyline below shows.

I'm another of those you helped out quite some time ago, and although you were getting a bit bored with the whole thing, many hope you continue to stick around.
cheers
tersignf

Postby kaching_77 » Sun Oct 02, 2005 12:36 pm

coffeeholic-screw you

marcus-thanks for fixing my link and thanks to you and pinhead for your advice

pinhead-dunns starting but otherwise thanks

i picked up thome for pujols and dropped andruw and started bernie williams for some cash
i put that cash into my pitchers like marcus said, picked up nomo, zambrano, and rivera
kaching_77

In defense of Mr. Coffee...

Postby hechojazz » Sun Oct 02, 2005 1:02 pm

Watch it with the "screw you" pal. That guy has been incredibly helpful to me in my first couple Strat teams. Don't dismiss his advice lightly. Or dismiss it and watch your team swirl...inexorably...down...the...d-r-a-i-n...

:lol:

This is especially true since you're playing a league using the '03 cards. There are many more cards in that set that outperform for the $$, compared to the '04 cards. And Mr. Coffee's a good source for tips on those kinda guys...your loss.
hechojazz

Postby Jerlins » Sun Oct 02, 2005 5:12 pm

Coffee wasn't trying to be sarcastic, but giving advice. I had NEVER played strat, until I discovered it on the net. I took his and everyone's else advice, read the strategy sections, and yes, the "Newbie Advice" post. He's correct when he says its all about the cards, and players performance during a season doesn't necessarily translate into a good strat player.

These folks offering advice are damn good, know what their talking about, and freely give advice, even if its not advice one wishes to hear. Asking for suggestions is not embarrassing, even the best of the best request it now and then.
Jerlins

Postby hechojazz » Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:23 pm

I agree - and the really annoying thing was that this guy posted this TO ASK ADVICE! He gets some and decides it wasn't what he was looking for - perhaps the Yankee comment? Just another bit of advice - don't think that a team of your heroes will win just because you like those guys. I'm happy as hell to have Jose Guillen on my team, but I hate the guy!
hechojazz

Next

Return to Strategy