Can I get away w/ Menechino @2B in an all-AL league?

Can I get away w/ Menechino @2B in an all-AL league?

Postby TomSiebert » Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:31 am

I'm loathe to play a team with anybody lower than a 2 at SS or 2B, but I'm currently in an all-AL salary escalation league and Menechino seems about my best choice...very few errors, gets on base a lot.

Put my team in SAFECO to reduce singles another way, and I've got just about the best pitching staff in the league (Garcia, Buehle, Bonderman Maroth, Brown; Shields, Rivera lead the bullpen).

Rivas and Uribe are the only 2's that remain. I won't have the cash for Uribe for two weeks.

I'm already suffering at the plate w/ Almezaga at SS, who at least switch-hits and has N-Power both ways, despite his almost complete inability to get on base through his own card.

Started out of the gate 5-1. Am I out of my mind to think Menechino can carry the position?

tws
Last edited by TomSiebert on Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
TomSiebert

Postby visick » Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:19 am

Who is your SS and CF?

and Can you keep Almezaga for a late inning defensive replacement?
visick

Postby TomSiebert » Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:43 am

Almezaga IS my SS :shock: .

Coco Crisp in CF.

It's a tough league, full of smart vets (BK, Meat, AP, Pope, The Colonel, etc., etc.) I drafted my pitchers early and one monster slugger in David Ortiz. Rest is OBA -- IRod, Youkilis, Swisher, Menechino, Segui -- and a LH hitter who can hit longball vs. RH pitching, JJones.

Nobody really left at SS who can field; I think Almezaga will be my guy to the end :!: ...2B is really the spot I might be able to upgrade.

Remember: AL only, with unique parks and I took Safeco.

tws
TomSiebert

Return to Strategy