Experiment for me, Will it work??

Experiment for me, Will it work??

Postby Ninersphan » Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:10 pm

Here's my latest team:

[url]http://fantasygames.sportingnews.com/baseball/stratomatic/2005/team/team_other.html?user_id=20902[/url]

VAST departure for me.

Obviously I'm going to lean on the pen HEAVILY.

will it work? post your thoughts/concerns.

I'm in Comerica, other's in the division are Pro Player, Tropicana and SBC
Ninersphan

Postby korkie » Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:31 pm

I think Luckyman left a post with some analysis that the super bullpen was common among highest win teams. But I think that was mostly with 2 studs, not 3. I'd downgrade one of them just a bit and use it to improve one of your starters (or maybe two). I'm also a little concerned about your defense using this strategy. Who is DH'ing? I see 4 OF'ers so i'm guessing it's be Sheff but that would leave Ortiz playing 1st? :o Especially not good when you have a 3 at 2nd, and a +3 arm in CF.
korkie

Postby Jerlins » Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:25 pm

Agree with Korkie. A 4 at 3rd base isn't helping matters eithers. Plus I can't see where your offense is going to do the catching up it needs to do late in the games. Mediocre starters, coupled with mediocre defense, is a recipe for disaster, both of which is being generous with the description.
Jerlins

Postby cplake » Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:40 pm

"DeWitt Demolishers"

Hmm...just what will they be demolishing? Your hopes and dreams for a championship? :)

Seriously....that defense will kill you in the end...good pitching staff but that def could make them slightly worse.
cplake

Postby Ninersphan » Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:39 am

Well I tweaked things a little bit. Dropped Sheff for Morneau and Made Ortiz my DH. Also downgraded Gagne to Ayala and added Escobar as a starter and Marrero to help out against the lefties.

So what did that get me a 3-0 start :D . Obviuosly there's a long way to go. But I still like this team.
Ninersphan

Return to Strategy