Help needed with manager settings

Help needed with manager settings

Postby ANDYCOCHRANE » Sun Sep 04, 2005 9:09 am

What are the best manager settings to have. So far, I have always had bunt, h and r, base stealing and running etc on conservative. I just haven't changed them ever. Should I stay with this in my new league starting Mon or change to normal and do more with individual settings?

I'm not overly keen on bunting and SB's but would like the possibility to do so. Is this wise or should I stick with conservative?
ANDYCOCHRANE

Postby Stoney18 » Sun Sep 04, 2005 9:25 am

These settings will depend on the make up of your team and the style of play you want.

If you only have few players with good bunt and steal ratings then set the manager setting to conservative and then change the individual cards to steal more etc.

I usually keep the settings normal and check don't bunt, steal etc on individual cards for the players with bad ratings.

I don't have evidence or experience to say this is true but I'm assuming Hal will look at the hold & arm ratings of my opponent and let my so-so base stealer, where I have not checked steal more/don't steal, go when the odds are in his favor under a normal setting where he may not if it were set to conservative.
Last edited by Stoney18 on Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stoney18

Postby worrierking » Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:48 am

Another thing to consider is how often you platoon. If you have a one-sided player who gets forced to bat on his poor side, a hit and run or bunt may be the only tenable option. If your strategy settings don't allow it, he may swing away in futility.

All small-ball strategies are more important in pitcher's parks. Never bunt or hit and run if you have a bunch of HR mashers in Coors.
worrierking

Postby ANDYCOCHRANE » Sun Sep 04, 2005 11:35 am

My team is in Wrigley and has only a few good bunt players... Rollins, Mora, Uribe and no real Hand R players. I think I will look to having my settings as normal and set individual cards.
ANDYCOCHRANE

Postby goredsox33 » Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:57 am

it depends of your team and stadium and style you want to play....

also depends on matchups....

teamas your playing... arm strength
catch arm...pitchers hold ratings
goredsox33

Substitution

Postby TexasKen » Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:30 pm

How can I stop defensive substitutions in a game? Thank you.

Regards,
Ken
TexasKen

Hijacking

Postby tersignf » Sat Sep 24, 2005 3:50 pm

Dev...as previously mentioned. Folks aren't ignoring you...just start your own threads focused on your question int the strategy section for better response
tersignf

No Substitutions

Postby hechojazz » Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:51 am

You don't want your best hitters to be pinch hit for, so call up their individual cards and click both don't pinch hit against lefties and righties, and that player'll stay in the game regardless. For those players who are borderline, and for whom you may have a decent pinch hitter on the bench, just leave their cards unmarked regarding pinch hitting and HAL will sub for them if the scenario fits whatever his standards are.
hechojazz

Return to Strategy