Unit, Bonds and Pujols on same team in standard $80m league

Unit, Bonds and Pujols on same team in standard $80m league

Postby albert2b » Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:34 pm

[url]http://fantasygames.sportingnews.com/baseball/stratomatic/2005/team/team.html?user_id=19369[/url]

Can a team like this win? I've never tried or seen anything like this before. I was actually going for only Bonds and Pujols...but then someone dropped Unit ( :shock: ) so I just had to try and squeeze him on my roster :)

One thing about this league....it has an unusally high number of pitcher parks. There's a Yankee and a Skydome (both neutral and not in my division) and the rest of the teams pretty much play in all pitcher parks. Jacobs, Pro Player and Petco are in my division. All these pitchers parks inspired me to go cheap with the rest of my staff after RJ.

Not really looking for advice since I'm very limited in what I can do anyway. But some feedback on whether a top heavy team like this can win would be greatly appreciated.
albert2b

Interesting

Postby STEPHENANDERSON 2 » Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:17 pm

I think you have potential for offense with Mora, Burke, Freel, Harris (versus Lefties), but dont think the pitching will pull you through.

Be interested to see how far this goes,

THose first 5 hitters can score you a lot of runs though!!!!
STEPHENANDERSON 2

Postby Woody5 » Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:55 am

Agreed. Eventually you are going to have to get someone out. RJ can only go every 4 days!
Woody5

Postby goredsox33 » Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:00 am

IMO you have plenty of offnese but i think you have weak pitching and you DEF need a much better closer... id drop down to 10/13 instead of 11/14 and you also dont need 5 midd infielders so take the extra $$$ and buy some pitching and a good closer
goredsox33

Postby albert2b » Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:33 am

Appreciate the opinions guys.

Yea, my pitching will be the key to my season, no doubt. I've had good success with Vazquez in a pitcher's park before and it may be wishful thinking, but I think he could be a solid # 2 behind RJ and win maybe 15 games, considering the league is full of parks that will kill all those BP HRs. That's pretty much my thinking with my entire staff; low OBP, but lots of BP shots. Hopefully, my offense will score enough to overcome all the clean HR shots my pitchers will let up.

Oh, and goredsox, I don't really have 5 middle IF. Spivey/Harris are my 2B platoon. Furcal is the everyday SS. Larkin and Gomez are my DH platoon. Not pretty, I know....but like I said, I'm really limited in what I could do.
albert2b

Postby goredsox33 » Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:42 am

well the way your of def stands you weill get killed ... cant have 4's in the of with a 3 also
id dump larkin and gomez... dh bonds.. and find a suitable lf ...
goredsox33

Return to Strategy