Looking for ideas on "power" Coors lineup

Postby worrierking » Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:25 am

I think you miss a large point. You pay a significant amount of his salary for his throwing arm, which is not a big factor in Coors. Preventing stolen bases is fairly meaningless when singles and home runs are flying around. A guy like Fasano, who might cost you four or five wins in Petco with his D, is suddenly much more valuable in Coors. His D won't cost you here.

I don't dispute that you got good offense from Schneider, but everybody hits in Coors. I think you can get similar production for less or better production for about the same $.

Otherwise I like the team. I just wouldn't waste the cash on Schneider's arm. It's allocating resources inefficiently.
worrierking

Coors team live

Postby PAULMINICUCCI » Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:49 pm

I have a Coors team that has 209 HRs in 105 games. They were actually running ahead of that pace but ran into back to back 1-0 losses and a three game set at Kaufman with zippo HRs. They are 66-39. I am guessing at the individual totals but they are accurate one HR either way.

Ben Molina c 10 Hrs
Clark ist 45 HRs
Kent 2nd 32 HRs
Jeter ss 12
Glaus 3rd 37
A Ram DH 25
Sanders lf 20
Damon CF 8
Vlad Rf 23

I figure that I can make 330-340. Now you could do the A-Rod thing and use someone else in CF to increase your total that but I wanted to have the team hit .300 and have 1000 RBIs so I went with some more average type guys. Besides I just had Damon do 23 HRs at Petco. Who knew?

The esentials are to me Clark ( I think better than Ortiz - I had him -Ortiz at 52 HRs with a team two months ago) Kent (not Soriano) Glaus as someone maybe coffee said gotta have Glaus at Coors, A-Ram cheap HR power, VLad. I also like Sanders with Carl Everett/Feliz to back up the oft injuried Sanders. But I think he will get 30 -32. Not bad for 3 mIllion. Also, I like the Greene/Fasano cacther kind of guys. I was making some concessions to winning so I have a little better than average picthing this time around. Blanton is 15-4 with a 4.26 ERA. Capuano is okay as well.

I have had a Coors team in 2005 with 376 HRs with SF Leftfielder doing 89 and Munson at 63 but they lost 90 games. This is my first good Coors team. I am usally a Petco or PNC, Fenway, Minute Maid guy.
PAULMINICUCCI

Previous

Return to Strategy