NLD 11

Postby qksilver69 » Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:52 pm

My guys were obviously just happy to be there, and all credit goes to HAL - I left on vacation to Mexico on Fri 23rd, and I didn't even see if my squad made the playoffs or not, though I did see we had the catbird seat to get in.

Looks like we squeaked thru the 5-gm set with Penn and are getting creamed by Hawk. Not surprised there, but have to correct Hawk - if we go to 7 gms, you'll see Schmidtty again in gm 7, but right now the odds on that are not great.....
qksilver69

Postby nythawk129921 » Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:58 am

yes Qk we have been very good offensively in the postseason(just ask Jet/WM :wink: ) and the pitching has been sound as well so that makes for a very good winning combo.I was not aware the a * pitcher could pitch game 3 in the W.S. after pitching in game 5 of the semis.There must be a day of rest that I was not aware of.I am hoping that is doesnt come down to a 7th game because it will be almost impossible to beat Schmidt twice in this series

Jet-you are so right about Bonds but luckily for me he obviously got ALL the rolls on his card.This is definitely a hard game to figure out.It never ceases to amaze me how some teams do quite well against the top teams yet cant beat the poorer teams.It is very nice to get hot at the right time and that is exactly what my team did.Like I said I liked my offense against anyones and knew my pitching would have to keep up in games in order to have a chance to win and that is exactly what they did during the season and they have been extremely good here in the postseason
nythawk129921

Postby qksilver69 » Sun Oct 02, 2005 1:09 am

Congrats Hawk - a well-earned title. See y'all on the NLD 12 thread...
qksilver69

Postby korkie » Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:26 am

Congrats Hawk. Impressive accomplishment indeed!
korkie

Postby joethejet » Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:46 pm

Congrats Hawk. That's definitely the key to the playoffs, getting hot at the right time. This is especially true in the NLD where there are so many good teams.

Interesting that the WC made the finals again. I think that's at least 4 straight times. Winning two and losing the last two.

Jet
joethejet

Previous

Return to Individual League Chat