Hard-Core Keeper League

Hard-Core Keeper League

Postby qksilver69 » Sun May 28, 2006 1:04 pm

Hello All,

Welcome to the Hard-Core Keeper League, or HCKL (prounounced HECKLE :D). This is an invitation-only long-term keeper league that I'd like to run & keep running as long as I play SOMO, and my only request is that if you accept an invitation, that you do so with the same intent - to really keep this going for years on end with serious owner continuity. I call it Hard Core because it's intended for owners who love poring over MLB stats and tracking all players, even those who don't yet have a TSN card or who may be excluded from TSN at the moment.

Also want to give all credit to Sandy for creating this format - any tweaks I have added are just personal preference on my part. The intellectual property is all his! :wink:

Ok, rules, etc.:

1) Teams are live drafted with a 40-round live draft, so regular rosters are 40-man like in MLB. I intend to use Penn's site for this. The players eligible for this draft are any players that played at least 1 game in MLB in 2005 or before. A 2006 rookie who did not appear in a game last year is not eligible for this draft. The player does not have to have a valid TSN card, they only need to have played in MLB last season or prior to last season.

2) There will be a Prospects draft after the 40-round draft. Each team will be able to select 3 prospects who have not yet played in an MLB game as of 2005. The team will retain rights to those players for 2 years. If they don't have a TSN card or if you don't activate them to the 25-man roster within that time frame, you lose their rights. Each year we'll do another Prospect draft to restock our farm teams, and if you lose rights to a player, they can be picked by another team or redrafted by the original owner. If you wish to activate a prospect, you must announce a drop of another active player from your 40-man roster. [b:49561f0bb8]The 1st prospect draft draft order will be the opposite of the 1st round of the initial 40-man draft to reward the patience of the bottom guy in that draft. It will be serpentine. All subsequent prospect drafts will NOT be serpentine & will be based on reverse order of finish over the 2 seasons played in the previous year. There will also be a follow-up prospect draft of 2 rounds (so 5 rounds in total per year) after season 1 is completed each year.[/b:49561f0bb8]

3) The regular season begins with a standard 25-man active roster, and expands to up to 28 after game 132. This is to simulate the Sept 1 call-ups in MLB.

4) Salary cap is $200M, roster moves unlimited, FA drops 10%.

5) DH yes.

6) We'll play at least 2 SOMO seasons per year - one in April, one in July, and an optional one in October depending on interest. Since we're starting late this year we'll do June/September for the initial 2 season.

7) In between the 2 seasons there will be a supplemental draft. This draft will be limited to 8 rounds just to keep things manageable (meaning you can drop up to 8 players from the initial draft & replace them). The annual draft in between SOMO seasons has unlimited rounds, so you can draft as many as you drop.

8. All owners must announce drop lists prior to the annual & supplemental drafts.

9) There are NO free agent pickups during the season. This means that if you wish to do a 2-for-1 trade, the team getting back one player does not get to replace the player they lost on their 40-man roster until after the season, UNLESS they have a Prospect with a valid TSN card that they wish to activate.

10) Initial 40-round order is random & format is serpentine, thereafter the supplemental and annual drafts will be based on rankings and the format will be straight draft, not serpentine. The annual draft order will be based on cumulative win totals over all the seasons we play, with tiebreakers going to the team with the worst record in the most recent season of play. The supplemental draft will be based on the win totals from the last completed season.

11) Stadiums are unique but will be chosen in a separate draft (random order). Stadiums can be changed not only year to year, but season to season. if you have a bad 1st year & want to switch stadiums for the next season, you need to announce the drop & draft the new stadium as part of the 8-round supplemental draft.

I think that about covers it! Please let me know if you have any questions or if I missed anything. When we have 12 owners rady, I will send out a list of players, beyond those on Penn's site, who are eligible for the 40 man draft. I will be working with Penn to either have those players added or have a PLACEHOLDER selection added to Penn's site so we can use that & keep tabs offline. I know Penn has been grumpy lately about TSN but I might be able to beg him for this tweak.

Here is the list of owners who have expressed interest - please confirm your participation:

1) Qksilver
2) Sandlotshrink
3) Stoney18
4) AF Dickie
5) Kaviksdad
6) Ninersphan
7) Nythawk
8. Superflymacdaddyjuice
9) open - have invited abnerdoubleday
10 open - have invited Cubit
11) open need referrals
12) open - need referrals
Last edited by qksilver69 on Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
qksilver69

Postby cirills » Sun May 28, 2006 1:18 pm

1) Qksilver
2) Sandlotshrink - confirmed with [b:6439466b95]"hard-core"[/b:6439466b95] fervency!!!!
3) Stoney18
4) AF Dickie
5) Kaviksdad
6) Ninersphan
7) Nythawk
8. Superflymacdaddyjuice
11) open need referrals
cirills

Postby Ninersphan » Sun May 28, 2006 3:48 pm

1) Qksilver
2) Sandlotshrink - confirmed with "hard-core" fervency!!!!
3) Stoney18
4) AF Dickie
5) Kaviksdad
6) Ninersphan [b:7bf3f4e89e]I'm there...[/b:7bf3f4e89e]
7) Nythawk
8. Superflymacdaddyjuice
11) open need referrals
Ninersphan

Postby qksilver69 » Sun May 28, 2006 4:23 pm

1) Qksilver
3) Stoney18
4) AF Dickie
5) Kaviksdad
6) Ninersphan I'm there...
7) Nythawk
8. Superflymacdaddyjuice
9) 45Beach (welcome Beach from my NLD league - Abner declined so opened this spot to him)
11) open need referrals

Also, can you all send me your email addresses if you have not already, & let me know if you use any instant message programs - I am on pretty much all of them (MSN, Skype (preferred), AIM, Yahoo, ICQ)....
qksilver69

Postby Stoney18 » Sun May 28, 2006 4:53 pm

1) Qksilver
3) Stoney18 - confirmed
4) AF Dickie
5) Kaviksdad
7) Nythawk
8. Superflymacdaddyjuice
9) 45Beach (welcome Beach from my NLD league - Abner declined so opened this spot to him)
11) open need referrals

Also, can you all send me your email addresses if you have not already, & let me know if you use any instant message programs - I am on pretty much all of them (MSN, Skype (preferred), AIM, Yahoo, ICQ)....
Stoney18

Postby kaviksdad » Sun May 28, 2006 4:58 pm

1) Qksilver
3) Stoney18
4) AF Dickie
5) Kaviksdad - I'm in
7) Nythawk
8. Superflymacdaddyjuice
11) open need referrals
kaviksdad

Postby Stoney18 » Sun May 28, 2006 8:08 pm

qk, Cummings is interested in playing if we have a spot open.

He's active in a number of leagues.
Stoney18

Postby qksilver69 » Sun May 28, 2006 9:34 pm

Bring him on - played in a couple of leagues with him, good guy.
qksilver69

Postby Stoney18 » Sun May 28, 2006 9:49 pm

1) Qksilver
3) Stoney18 - confirmed
4) AF Dickie
5) Kaviksdad - I'm in
7) Nythawk
8. Superflymacdaddyjuice
11) Cummings
Last edited by Stoney18 on Mon May 29, 2006 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stoney18

Postby cummings2 » Mon May 29, 2006 2:19 am

Thnks Qk, thnx Stoney...nice group of guys here. 8)
cummings2

Next

Return to Individual League Chat