Letter(s) # of Pitchers
B, J 203
M, T 219
S, A, Y 208
H, F, U 196
C, D, Q 207
R, W, Z 205
L, P, N 201
G, K, E, O, V 194 (I left the U out here)

that comes to 19 groupings: 11 hitter groups, 8 pitcher groups

I may be missing something, but it appears that the groupings will be depleted every 8 seasons requiring another reboot. Is that right?
hackra

Postby tomwistar » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:02 am

Sorry for the delay -- I'm doing intensive AP history grading this whole week and have no internet access during the day -- I'll be able to check in before 7 am EST and after 6. I'll try to leave proxies. I'll have regualr internet again beginning next Saturday. Thanks for your patience.

KEEPERS for SBDL Season 25 (Remember, W, O, Y - Hitters are being retired for Season 25).

EAST
Mr. Baseball World -(7)-P. Martinez, A. Vaughn, A. Simmons, Rixey, Kern, Dickey, Speaker
Palanion -(4)- Yastrzemski, Mathews, Percival, Suttles, Mullin, Brandom, Chance
Novie -(6)- Mantle, Bonds, Piazza, Greenberg, Behrman, Klinger
Bunze0 -(7)- T. Williams, H. Duffy, P. Alexander, L. Walker , D leonard, R lerch,B Mcclure

CENTRAL
emart - (7)- Gehrig, Snider, R. Johnson, S. Carlton, Ott, Boggs, Narleski
hackra - (7)- Maddux, Hornsby, B. Hamilton, Ichiro Suzuki, W. Johnson, Carew, Clear
13Baseballs -(7)- Cobb, Stearnes, Wells, Terry, Coveleski, Richard, D'Acquisto,
JoeOC -(7)- Mays, Kelley, McMahon, Torre, J.Cronin, R.Brown, D.Brown,

WEST

tomwistar -(4)- Dimaggio, Aaron, Williams, Dibble, Chesbro, Joss, Petrocelli
Munich_Man -(7)- Radatz, Beazley, Wagner, Gwynn, Kaat, Beckwith, Delahanty
thaibill -(7)- Sisler, Brett, Griffey,Jr , Walsh, Veale, Perranoski, L. Waner
Honeyman -(7)- Ruth, Kiner, D. Murray , Musial, Pesky, Lincecum, B. Gibson

Eligible Pitchers
B, C, D, E, G, J, K, L, M, N, O, P, Q, T, V

Eligible Hitters
B, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, N, P, S, T, V, Z

Keepers By Position (alphabetical):
C - Dickey, M Piazza
1b - Carew, Gehrig, H Greenberg, Musial, Sisler, Suttles, Terry
2b - Hornsby,
3b - Beckwith, Boggs, Brett, Mathews, Torre, Williams
SS - Cronin, Pesky, Vaughn, Wagner, Wells,
OF - Aaron, Bonds, Cobb, Delahanty, Dimaggio, Duffy, Griffey, Jr, Gwynn, Hamilton, Kelley, Kiner, Mantle, Mays, Ott, Ruth, Simmons, Snider, Speaker Stearnes, Suzuki, L Walker, L. Waner, T. Williams, Yastrzemski,
SP -P Alexander, Beazley, D.Brown, R.Brown, S. Carlton, D. Chance, Coveleski, B. Gibson, R. Johnson, W. Johnson, Kaat, R Lerch, D leonard, Lincecum, Maddux, Martinez, Mullin, Richard, Rixey, Veale, Walsh
RP - Behrman, Brandom, Clear, D'Acquisto, Dibble, Kern, Klinger, McMahon, B McClure D. Murray, Narleski, Percival, Perranoski, Radatz

Draft and steal round order (non-serpentine):

1. Bunze0
2. Honeyman
3. Novie
4, Joeoc
5. Palanion
6. 13baseballs
7. thaibill
8. Munich Man
9. MrBBW
10. hackra
11. Emart
12. Tomwistar
tomwistar

Postby Munich_Man » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:05 am

Wheee! Let's draft!
Munich_Man

Postby emart » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:08 am

Lets move this over to the draft thread. I copied the information over so we don't need to post in two places. :D
emart

Postby Palanion » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:16 pm

OK, let's see if I can answer everything quickly and succinctly from my commish tenure...

Scratch meant starting with nothing. Starting new. No keepers. No ballparks. This concept originally stemmed from when ATG would change completely: ATG2 to ATG3 to ATG4 to ATG5 to ATG6.... which meant never exhausting the player pool.
But now that the game evolves rather having wholesale changes, we are fortunate enough to not have THAT issue.
Sno now the idea is to start from scratch when the pool is exhausted, which is after 8 seasons, yes. We've done 24 seasons over eight years (the first season was summer 2004); so, it takes about 2.5 years to exhaust the player pool.
However, if the new commish (emart) wants to change the player grouping delineations to create more options for more seasons, that is Erik's right. Since the ATG player pool has grown, this is possible.
Back when I created the letter groupings, I attempted to make sure the groupings had some balance between high-priced, bargain, and cheapo players, plus I wanted each grouping to be roughly the same number of players AND for the pool to always have sufficient options for both pitcher and hitter, particularly after retirement could alter the ratios.

The only "history" that remains is our own history of league records, rivalries, league titles, etc. Some have even tried to redraft their team and park becuase it was successful.

Draft orders for specific to each of league creation and team creation:
Randomized order for league creation of the player pool.
Draft order by win pct., worst-to-first in Round 1, serpentine for 14-round player/park draft for team creation.
Palanion

FYI From SBDL Rules

Postby joeoc » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:46 pm

Draft Time limits

i. During the first round of the draft, time limit between picks is 12 hours, which includes "overnight" and weekends. The clock is not off.

ii. For rounds 2 through 6, the time limit between picks is 3 hours.

iii. For rounds 2 through 6, the clock is on from 9 a.m. to midnight ET Monday through Friday. The clock is off any other time.
joeoc

Use Diamonddope to continue Draft???????

Postby joeoc » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:34 am

[quote:2d042d82ef]with the game being shutdown tomorrow, I presume that we will being going off the clock until it comes back up on Mon or Tue.

I for one need access to the player pool to continue drafting. [/quote:2d042d82ef]

Suggestion:
with the site being down, we still have Adrian's Diamonddope site which has the current player pool. Question is are the card images tied into the system that is being shut down.

As far as last season, you can copy images of each roster sheet to a temporary office document for reference over the weekend and delete on Tuesday. I have made a copy of all the rosters so if anyone needs one let me know and I'll email.

But most important is what Eric wishes to do, since he is our El Presidete 8-)
joeoc

Postby Palanion » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:15 am

The forums will still be up and running for a few weeks until a new forum is created.
Diamonddope has the player pool and card breakdowns. As for the card image, we won't know if those are still accessible until later today I guess.

In the meantime, you can always copy and paste the "pool" from DiamondDope into an Excel doc and sort to your heart's content, which is what I do. I rely heavily on the card breakdowns in excel. I've created my own statistical categories to sort too--not that it ever seems to help. :roll:
Palanion

Postby emart » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:39 am

Gents,

From prior experience I believe that the card images on the Diamond Dope site are linked to the SOM main site, but we will know for sure in a couple of hours.

I think its appropriate to turn the clock off during the time the main SOM game is down.

I think that we should try to move through the draft as best we can over the weekend, but if anyone is unsure about any selection I don't think we should force a pick. :)
emart

Postby Mr Baseball World » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:20 am

Can anyone take proxies from me for the weekend?
Mr Baseball World

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat