SBDL Discussion

SBDL Discussion

Postby Palanion » Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:03 am

I think everybody has great ideas and valid points. The overwhelming train of thought seems to be thus: shake it up a little, but maintain some continuity.

How's this:
We do the same 3-1-3 keeper format (keep 3, steal 1, keep 3) before a short live draft (was it 6 rounds last time?).
But here's the new twist: each team must have at least 3 hitters and 3 pitchers in those first 7 roster spots.

Also, I am open to the idea of realignment. We could do it in one of two ways - combined overall records of the 3 seasons or just from this last season.... Best 4 in the East, next 4 Central, bottom 4 in the West.

Bill

Addendum: Allow owners to announce new stadium after the 7 protected players, but before live draft... whattaya think?

Also, I am going to PM Bobby and geekor, since both I think are not returning to the league mail....
Palanion

Postby geekor » Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:25 am

you're right I havne't been checking league mail as I have no more active atg2 teams!

anyways, I took over a near last place team and was trying to eventually make it competative. I knew last season would be a stretch, but I think this year it might break out (assuming I could get one position filled).

I kinda like the 3 p/ 3 H idea, as it would make sure there was some talent leftover for others. Also please realign the divisions.... please.

Or, if not the 3 of each, just make sure at the end (including the steal) everyone has 4 of one and 3 of the other.
geekor

Postby B.o.b.b.y... » Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:10 pm

I will participate in another league and will give some thoughts on what's been discussed and try to get back to everyone today....Bobby

P.S. I've responded to your PM Bill
B.o.b.b.y...

Postby Bunze0 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:21 pm

i agree i like the concept but would like the alignment. make the teams share revenue. let us orphan teams have a chance.
Bunze0

Postby boss_of_um » Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:54 pm

It would probably be best to change divisions. I think that so long as Munich and I can retain our team pretty much intact we would dominate the West and most likely the wildcard. I plan on doing some major overhauling.
I would propose going with a 2-1-2 approach. Protect 2 players. Steal 1. Then retain 2 more. I think this would allow the draft to be more wide open.
boss_of_um

Postby B.o.b.b.y... » Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:08 pm

After some thought I think the theme does center around a protection of players....The number is one of debate. If you like to balance the teams more then allow the number of players to be protected not to exceed 3. Even 2 protected players would be a better approach to parity for teams. I believe that you need to elimatinate the "steal" concept completely unless it involves more than one player maybe 2 players. Then a live draft which is 1-12 (worse record to best record) for each round 3, 4 or 5 rds). That's one approach. My second thought (which is I like more) would to protect 2 players then draft last to first for rds. 3, 4, 5 with round 6 sepentine ending with round 7. So it keep 2 players, Rds 3,4,& 5 last to first the round 6 first to last and finish with rd 7 last to first... Bobby
B.o.b.b.y...

Postby Bunze0 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:27 pm

excellent idea bobby. like that idea.
Bunze0

Postby Palanion » Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:01 pm

I like the idea of a bigger player pool for sure. And last-to-first is important. I think there is a desire to have some sense of a "core" to a team. Maybe keeping two is not enough, but six is too much... Maybe protect the 3, like the original format, then just go into the draft.

And since there seems to be a heavy favor for the realignment - do we realign based solely on season 3? Or a compilation of all three seasons?
Palanion

Postby Bunze0 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:21 pm

well if we are keeping the 3 i would go on all 3 seasons. then if you do that and get to see who is in your division if might help you select which 3 you might want to keep to fit your new division mates as well as your team.
Bunze0

Postby boss_of_um » Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:27 pm

Also, if we are going to keep just 3 players I do not think the draft should be last to first every round. It should be serpentine if we are going to keep 4 less players. A good team keeping 7 players with a draft going last to first every round makes sense, but so much so if we only keep 3.
boss_of_um

Next

Return to Individual League Chat