New day dawns League Chat

New day dawns League Chat

Postby joethejet » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:17 pm

Hey Guys,

Since we're in a holding pattern and there is some chat going on on the league mail, I thought I'd start one of these for the league.

How about some comments on how you felt you did in the AD and waivers????

Jet
www.angelfire.com/games5/joethejet
joethejet

Waivers

Postby oldhat2 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:09 pm

Too long ago to remember! :) I do really hope they get this thing started soon, and I'm sure they will. I like my team going in. We're long on offense and I may wish for more pitching at some point.
oldhat2

Sacre Bleu

Postby JohnCoffee » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:57 pm

I always say that you can't have too much hitting in the som sim as ambiguous as that may sound.

As an important corollary, I ask, hey why spend a lot of money on a player that can only play in 20-25% of the games.

I'll drink to that!

Mickey Finn
JohnCoffee

Postby joethejet » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:18 pm

Well, many times it's about balance. You *can* have too much hitting if it costs you too much against the cap right?

Jet
joethejet

Injury

Postby oldhat2 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:22 am

Ike Davis hits like crazy but lives up to his injury rating. Some players play alot more than they should. Getting "Lucky" with a high injury card can really pay off. It's a gamble, with an 80M cap, a very big one. I go by what a card has done for me in the past. Giambi always gets 500 plus AB.
oldhat2

Transition

Postby oldhat2 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:50 pm

Has it really been 18 days? This kind of thing must involve alot more than I can imagine. Is it a money maker for SOM?
oldhat2

Postby joethejet » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:28 pm

Yeah, injury guys can be boom or bust. Depends on the luck of the die.

18 days. Wow. Yeah, clearly they didn't test much. I'm sure they make something on it. Moving to their own site will make more for them in the long run I would guess.

Looks like it will be this week if the notes mean anything.

Jet
joethejet

Gosh

Postby JohnCoffee » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:57 pm

If I had known you folks likes to chat (what else are we gonna do after 18 days), I would of (sic) named my team the Thermopolis TalkingMagPies...and tha managers would of (sic) been Jeckle and Heckle.

:lol: :lol: :) :D
JohnCoffee

Magpies

Postby oldhat2 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:12 pm

LOL I remember those two, always up to something they were. Usually not too good either. Thermopolis? Where did you come up with that? Is there a story behind it or just something you made up JohnCoffee? (Omit no detail however slight) Yeah, when (and if) these games start up again, I'm sure the chatting will pick up.. err, taper off maybe? :lol:
oldhat2

Postby joethejet » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:49 pm

Weren't Heckle and Jeckel Crows?

Ok, the story behind my team. This is a team that is very close to a team I had in a live draft league. We finished around .500 but I think it should have been better. The bullpen and Gio were particularly suspect in the last league. I'm hopeful that I'm right and we'll "be better this time".

The pen isn't quite the same. I had J. Lopez instead of Paterson and Ramos instead of Brothers, but it's close enough I guess. Would still like to pick up Lopez, but gwalber didn't want to deal him.

I was amazed that I got every single position player that I had last time in the AD. We finished third in runs scored so I'm hopeful there!

Oh and we had Carpenter instead of Gallardo. Oh and we took Rodriguez instead of Thompson.

Jet
joethejet

Next

Return to Individual League Chat