Moscratcher's ATG6 Keeper League

Moscratcher's ATG6 Keeper League

Postby motherscratcher » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:15 am

ATG6 Keeper League Format:[b:abd21edada] Updated 4-15-12[/b:abd21edada]

1. $100mil DH 5/10/20 – Alternate DH/no DH.

2. Player Pool – NeL players ALWAYS eligible

- Players divided into 10 groups based on card year. Last digit determines group
- We will use between 3-5 of the available groups each season (about half of the player pool)
- We will use a randomizer to determine what 3-5 groups are used to draft the first season.
- Each season we will randomly drop 1-2 groups and pick up 1-2 groups.

3. [b:abd21edada]If a player has an eligible card, then ALL of that player’s cards are eligible. [/b:abd21edada]

4. A manager can use a park for 3 seasons before he has to change.

5. Offseason Keepers – We will do a protect 3 players, steal 1 player, protect 4 more players structure.

- We will autodraft (with waivers) to fill out rosters. Everyone places their 8 protected players in the LAST 8 SLOTS on the autodraft card.

- [b:abd21edada]You get to use your keepers no matter what card year they have.[/b:abd21edada]

- You can keep a player for 3 seasons before they must be returned to the free agent pool. This includes traded players.

6. The steal round order will go from worst record to best record with tie-breakers being head to head and then run differential if necessary. You can only have 1 player stolen from your team each season.

7. The first season divisions will be randomed. After that, the 4 playoff teams will be in the East, the 4 (of 8 remaining) teams with the best record in the Central. The 4 worst records in the West. Head to head, then run differential tiebreakers.

8. Let’s try a 10 season commitment, to be extended if it’s working out and everyone wants to keep going.
Last edited by motherscratcher on Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
motherscratcher

Postby rjohaire » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:30 am

It says that you have to switch ball parks after 3 seasons
A) does it still have to be unique?
B) Can you switch before the 3rd season?

Having 1 round for all ball park selections (round 6) is a disadvantage to whoever is last. Think it should be either any round or before a certain round.
rjohaire

Postby motherscratcher » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:42 am

[quote:440298c6dc="rjoh"]It says that you have to switch ball parks after 3 seasons
A) does it still have to be unique?
B) Can you switch before the 3rd season?

Having 1 round for all ball park selections (round 6) is a disadvantage to whoever is last. Think it should be either any round or before a certain round.[/quote:440298c6dc]

A) Yes, it has to be unique.
B) Yes, you can switch any time you want. The same with players. You just cannot keep a park or a player for more than 3 consecutive seasons.

As far as drafting parks in one round...I thought about that. I've never done a draft that involved parks. How is it usually done?
motherscratcher

Postby rjohaire » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:55 am

Parks are usually drafted in any round you want. That way if its important to u, u draft it early, otherwise it goes in the 15th or 16 round.
rjohaire

Postby dukie98 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:47 am

Another consideration regarding requiring everyone to pick a park in the same round-- even though whomever picks last that round won't get the most desirable park, they'll have the added advantage of knowing what type of parks everyone else in the league is going with, whereas the teams picking first won't know that.

In any event, however, I agree that it should be up to the individual owner when to draft a park, rather than requiring them in a certain round.
dukie98

Postby PillPop » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:30 am

So, are we going to do five the first season, then three following? That's OK with me.
PillPop

Postby herpad1959 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:39 pm

Question: to clarify, for players and parks the limit of 3 times applies only for consecutive leagues or 3 is the maximum times that a player/park can be used in the entire tournament.
herpad1959

Postby motherscratcher » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:21 pm

[quote:49836433c5="herpad1959"]Question: to clarify, for players and parks the limit of 3 times applies only for consecutive leagues or 3 is the maximum times that a player/park can be used in the entire tournament.[/quote:49836433c5]

No, just consecutively. You can't use someone without returning them to the Free Agent player pool to give someone else a chance.

I suppose if you've used a player for 3 years in a row you can put them back on your autodraft card for the 4th. Because then everyone has the same shot at that player. I just don't want someone to be able to keep, say, Barry Bonds indefinitely so nobody else has a chance to use them.
motherscratcher

Postby PotKettleBlack » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:47 pm

[quote:0d9f73be6a="motherscratcher"][quote:0d9f73be6a="herpad1959"]Question: to clarify, for players and parks the limit of 3 times applies only for consecutive leagues or 3 is the maximum times that a player/park can be used in the entire tournament.[/quote:0d9f73be6a]

No, just consecutively. You can't use someone without returning them to the Free Agent player pool to give someone else a chance.

I suppose if you've used a player for 3 years in a row you can put them back on your autodraft card for the 4th. Because then everyone has the same shot at that player. I just don't want someone to be able to keep, say, Barry Bonds indefinitely so nobody else has a chance to use them.[/quote:0d9f73be6a]

Who would use that bigheaded bum?
PotKettleBlack

Postby OakAth72 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:27 am

The park should be drafted in any round as part of the strategy. Having everyone draft the park in same round is the equivalent of everyone drafting shortstops in the fourth round.

Also, I am for using as many years as possible so I vote for "5".
OakAth72

Next

Return to Individual League Chat