GOBL - GOOD OLD BUDDIES LEAGUE

Postby J-Pav » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:26 pm

[quote:52cdced6dc="Jeepdriver"]I thought it was pretty obvious Cano would be my guy. Personally, and surprisingly, he's not my favorite player, but there weren't really any more choices out there worthy enough for a #1 waiver pick.[/quote:52cdced6dc]

In my last waiver draft Danny Valencia was the number one pick, so I never assume anything about who will go where. It's weird how I almost always end up with the number one waiver pick (missing alot in the autodraft) but get all the guys I want from the waiver draft. It never even occurred to me I wouldn't get Cano!

I agree with what you said about him, he's not my favorite player either, but he's a nice piece of the puzzle on a Miller team.
J-Pav

Cano kicks butt...

Postby ROBERTVOZZA » Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:40 pm

In any park with good LH Power numbers. But aside from those, I think he is very overpriced with all those DP's.

Iam now sorry I invited AT as he has more of the players I drafted than anyone else. I had the reverse of his 1-2. 1. Beltre 2. Cabrera That's a good 1-2 RH punch in a RH slanted power Park.

Power hitters are at a premium in this league. The fans are going to think that the players are on the juice or HGH. We'll have to check the circumference of each players head after major slugfests.

It's definitely A RH power hitters League. But check how many Parks are LH plus. Lot's of +16 Parks. Since there are so few Power hitters left, I have decided to go with more expensive pitching and platoons in hopes of scoring enough runs to keep up.

I am sure Kev feels the same. Glad he's in my Div. I'd say we are definitely longshots unless everyone else beats each other up.

I really wanted Cliff Lee and Buster Posey and I waffled on both for awhile. At #7, I thought I might miss on both of them.

Time to have my belated Thanksgiving Dinner as I worked all day yesterday. GL everyone. More later.
ROBERTVOZZA

Postby Jerlins » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:55 pm

I'm not all that happy with my team makeup, though I am flexible with injuries, being able to move Batista and Prado pretty much around the field, keeping my team somewhat strong when injuries hit. I'm still debating swapping out Morrison for Manny, as I still have Guerrero who is strong enough as my DH when Manny gets injured numerous times.

My biggest mistake pre-draft was trying to get cute, placing Votto in the middle of my list, not hoping to get him, but getting Pujols or Konerko as my booby prize. Now I'm stuck with Teixiera, who I have little confidence in.
Jerlins

Postby keyzick » Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:28 am

I'm ok with my team...JUST ok though. Like my pitching, kinda iffy on my hitting, after my big guns. Got a little carried away with platoons I think. And I'm not really sure how ARod will do...I think this is the first time I've carried him in this set.
keyzick

Postby ArrylT » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:55 pm

Well I have not had Tulo or Morneau yet in a league as I usually avoid high injury rolls - but this might be my last season with this card set so I figured what the heck!

Yeah I got Cabrera in another 80m league (also in US Cell) that is just entering playoffs and he has been a monster so I had to go with him #1. Didnt think I had a real shot at Votto, Gonzalez or Batista and I didnt want to go with Hamilton since he doesnt have 600 PAs.

Tm G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI BB SO SB CS BA OBP SLG OPS

DYN 160 649 118 204 60 0 54 136 75 123 0 0 .314 .385 .656 1.042
ArrylT

I think...

Postby ROBERTVOZZA » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:06 pm

Cabrera and Beltre are the best value RHH in the set. The high priced lefties ar condsiderably mor expensive. I think AGonzo is the best value LHH. He produces big numbers in all the Leagues I have been in.

In Parks like US Cell or Great Am, The Votto/Beltre or Cabrera(As DH)combo is pretty lethal.
ROBERTVOZZA

Postby ArrylT » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:02 pm

Free tutus to the next team to sweep robvoz. :wink:
ArrylT

We can chat here...

Postby ROBERTVOZZA » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:15 pm

Or in our league's chat - Either way, it would be good to know people are alive and paying attention in GOBL...I'd suggest some trash talk. I'll start. Adrian Beltre, who I have been taking with the 1st pick in ANY RHH Park has underperformed so badly, that I make him take out all the trash after games with the janitorial crew at Cha Cha Stadium so he can earn his contract off the field. :roll: :roll: :lol:
ROBERTVOZZA

Postby Stoney18 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:23 pm

I've had good luck with Beltre in all parks this season. I'd trade you but Longoria has been doing pretty well. :D
Stoney18

Thanks, but...

Postby ROBERTVOZZA » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:53 pm

He's gone. I needed a bat at 1B all season. Finally I got both a replacement for Beltre at 3rd as well as a 1b/DH vs the leftside in Viciedo. So I gave up some corner Defense and 600 PA's in Beltre to Kev. But now I have 2 hitters - esp. vs the leftside, where I have been getting killed all season.

I think it works both ways as Kev now has 2 good fielding and 2 good hitting corners. DH's are easier to replace. This is my last run at adjustments in this league. I'm not exactly done yet. But once this team is set - It's for the longhaul. Do or die. R
ROBERTVOZZA

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat