2010 Keeper League Season 4

Re: Prospects Promotion & AFA Draft Proposal Vote

Postby Rant » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:52 pm

[quote:e5b005e3c1="timklucinec"]The issue here is Prospects are considered Prospects as they have not been issued a SOM Card. Once they get issued a SOM Card, they can't be considered Prospects and they should be counted as part of the Major League Roster according to the definition of a Prospect.
I didn't bring it up, but there there is definitely a gray area here and needs to be clarified through a League Vote.[/quote:e5b005e3c1]

I don't mind taking a vote on the issue, but most of the rules you mention are in the prospect draft section. Here is the prospect rules section:

[quote:e5b005e3c1]PROSPECT RULES
1) The maximum number of prospects allowed for each team is 10.
2) Prospects are not counted as part of the 40 man roster while they maintain their prospect status.
3) *Removed 2 year limit on keeping prospects.
4) Prospects can be traded
5) Prospects can be promoted to the major league roster at any time, provided there is roster space available. Once promoted all prospects lose their prospect status, and cannot be demoted back to
prospect status.
6.) You may add a prospect to your roster after you drop players but before the season's free agent draft and then draft one less player.[/quote:e5b005e3c1]

There may be some gray area as to what constitutes a prospect after the prospect draft because there's nothing written in the rules, the prospect draft rules are written to address who may be drafted, not who remains a prospect.

#3 above references that the league was set up originally to have a two year window for keeping prospects as prospects. That was the original check to avoid having owners keep prospects as prospects until they have a card they want to use.

Can someone who is advocating this change please make a case as to why we want to make the change?
Rant

Postby Red Beards » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:27 pm

Proposal:
Rule 6) Prospects who receive a card when the new card set is issued, must be added to the team's 30 Man Roster PRIOR to the Annual Free Agent Draft. Prospects with cards in the new set will become Free Agents if NOT ADDED to the Roster of the Team owning the rights to that Prospect by the 30 Player Roster Freeze Deadline.
Rule 7) Prospects with cards in the "Unleashed Set" will not fall under Rule 6. They will remain Prospects until promoted or they have a card issued in the Regular Card Set which ever comes first, then Rule 6 will apply.

Please state Yes for Approval or No for Disapproval in regards to Prospect Rule Change per my League Email:

1. Bill
2. Nyhawk
3. Red Beards - No
4. Rant - No
5. Drew
6. JMP
7. Terry
8. AF Dickie
9. Frank M - Yes
10. Cubit
11. Tim K
12. Joe K

I like the idea, but we already made our drops and started draft. I would say start this next year so we can prepare for it. Or promote all the non-prospects at end of draft dropping players to reach limit.
Red Beards

Postby JMP1 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:32 pm

1. Bill
2. Nyhawk
3. Red Beards - No
4. Rant - No
5. Drew
6. JMP - Yes
7. Terry
8. AF Dickie
9. Frank M - Yes
10. Cubit
11. Tim K
12. Joe K
JMP1

Postby JMP1 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:40 pm

I feel any player with a card needs to be promoted or dropped.

For this year, can't we just let managers promote them now in place of draft picks?

Does not seem fair to have carded players on the prospect list and then fill a roster to 40.

For example: If you have two carded prospects in your "minors" and draft ten players, you essentially carry 42 players and keep players out of the pool.

These players have cards and are still listed as prospects:

Anthony Rizzo
Hank Conger
Devin Mesoraco
Zach Britton
Brandon Belt
Austin Jackson (2nd year with card)
Brett Wallace (2nd year with card)
Domonic Brown (2nd year with card)
Justin Smoak
Mike Trout
Freddie Freeman
Brett Lawrie
Mike Moustakas
Henry Rodriguez
Jordan Walden
Yamaico Navarro
Kyle Drabek
Chris Carter

Some real talent here! and a round and a half worth of picks

I don't think it was ever anyone's intention to allow teams to keep more than 40 carded players under any circumstances.

By the way, I do not think anyone cheated. If anything there are many players on the list above who have great cards this year and could really help a team.

IMO as much as this was probably an oversight by the managers we do need to fix it.
JMP1

Proposals

Postby timklucinec » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:39 pm

Grant,
I glad we can agree on the gray area. You are correct in that most of what I've stated is in the Prospect Draft Section, but there in lies the gray area pertaining to Prospects as I pointed out in the definition of a Prospect by SOM/TSN. It needs to be clarified where a Prospect stops being a Prospect other than being promoted. I think that there should be an additional rule covering this, that way there is no question about Prospects and their status.

Tim
timklucinec

Postby Terry101 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:41 pm

1. Bill
2. Nyhawk
3. Red Beards - No
4. Rant - No
5. Drew
6. JMP - Yes
7. Terry- Yes
8. AF Dickie
9. Frank M - Yes