Mighty Casey Keeper League- East Can Begin Loading Season 2

Mighty Casey Keeper League- East Can Begin Loading Season 2

Postby travelingjack » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:20 pm

Originator of League- derfs
stratdraft site- http://www.stratdraft.com/login.asp

One requirement will be timely drafting and loading, please do not sign up unless you have the time to draft and load within the league time limits.

A basic and then more detailed timeline is presented below to give players a guide to what will happen and when. Note the specific timelines for cuts and drafts, these will be followed as much as possible. Time limit extensions for owners with real life issues will be considered but otherwise late, slow drafters/loaders will be skipped and/or sanctioned.

Timeline:
1)Cards released- March/April, whenever SOM publishes them
2)Drops, Prospect promotion- one week later
3)Spring FA Draft-one week after drops
4)Load Teams- ASAP after FA draft
5)Prospect Draft- day after FA draft is complete
6)Play season #1- finish around July 1st
7)Drops- one week after championship ends (might adjust if around 4th July)
8)Supplemental Draft- 2 days after drops deadline
9)Load and play season #2 - around July 15- Sep 30

1) One week after SOMO cards are released- Deadline for drops for the spring FA draft. Up to 15 players may be dropped. Rosters will be from 25-30 after drops and prospect promotions. Prospects who received cards must either be promoted or released at this time.
2) Two weeks after SOMO cards are released- Spring FA draft, 10-15 rounds to restore rosters to 40, players with MLB appearances prior to 2012 eligible.
3) Load teams ASAP after FA draft.
4) Prospect draft- will begin @ 10 am EST day after FA draft is complete. 4 rounds, reverse order from previous season's records. Eligible players will be those who did not have a MLB appearance prior to MLB opening day 2012.
5) Play season #1.
6) One week after season #1 championship ends- drops for the supplemental draft announced, 0-3 drops per team.
7) Two days later- supplemental draft, 3 rounds. Only players who had MLB appearances prior to 2012 eligible.
8) Load teams for season #2.
9) Play season #2.
End of 2011 play

Initial Draft:
1) The initial draft is a 41 round live draft. Rounds 1 through 40 are for players; Round 41 is for the stadium.
2) Only players who were issued SOMO cards for the 2010 season are eligible.
3) Buyer beware: If a player is drafted but then does not receive a card in the set for the coming season, he still remains on a team's roster. There are no replacement picks allowed later.
4) The initial draft is serpentine; all subsequent Free Agent drafts are non-serpentine based upon the previous season's regular season records. Draft picks are tradeable.
5) No time limit for 1st round; rounds 2-10- 3 hours; rounds 11-41- 1 hour

Prospect draft:
1) There will be one prospect draft each season.
2) The yearly prospect draft is 4 rounds, to be held immediately after each year's Spring Free Agent draft.
3) Players eligible for the prospect draft will be any player who has not appeared in a MLB game prior to the start of the current MLB season. This includes minor leaguers, college and high school players, foreign players, and that 12 year old you saw in the LLWS.
4) The initial prospect draft is serpentine. Draft order for this initial Prospect draft will be the reverse of the draft order for the Initial Free Agent draft. All subsequent prospect drafts are non-serpentine, and draft order is based on the previous season's regular season records.
5) There will be a 5 hour clock for Round 1 of each prospect draft. All subsequent rounds will operate with a 3 hour clock.
6) Individual owners are responsible for their own prospect research.

Supplemental Free Agent drafts:
1) A Supplemental Free Agent draft of up to 3 rounds will be held between seasons 1 and 2 of each calender year.
2) All owners must announce their roster drops ( up to 3) prior to the Supplemental draft. Deadline for drops will be one week (7 days) after completion of the season #1 championship. The supplemental draft will start two days later. (9 days after championship ends)
3) The supplemental draft shall not exceed 36 picks. Owners may drop up to 3 players. Owners with less than a 40 man roster may use the Supplemental Draft to get back to a full 40 man roster under the following conditions:
a) They have the draft picks available to do so
b) They do not drop more than 3 players
c) They can do it within the 3 round/36 pick draft window
4) Supplemental Free Agent drafts are non-sepentine; Supplemental Free Agent draft order is determined by the previous season's regular season record.
5) There will be a 5 hour time limit for Round 1 of the Supplemental Free Agent draft. All subsequent rounds will operate with a 2 hour clock.
6) There will never be more than 36 picks made in the Supplemental draft.
7) Players eligible for the supplemental draft are any player with MLB expierience prior to the start of the current MLB season

Annual Spring Free Agent drafts:
1) A non-serpentine free agent draft of at least 10, and up to 15 rounds, will be held each year two weeks after TSN/SOM cards are released. Draft order is determined by cumulative win/loss records. Worst to first, NFL style.
2) All owners must drop enough players to bring their rosters to a maximum of 30 players including promoted prospects; owners can drop below 30 players, but must not have less than 25 prior to the draft.
3) Prospects who received a card must be promoted to the 40 man roster or released when drops are declared.
4) Player drops and prospect promotions/releases must be announced one week after SOM cards are released.
5) Any player who had a MLB appearance prior to opening day of the current MLB season will be eligible. Players drafted in the spring draft must be on the 40 man roster even if they did not receive a card.
6) All owners must have a full 40 man roster upon completion of the annual Spring Free Agent draft, not including trades made during the draft.
7) There is no clock for Round 1 of each Annual Free Agent draft. All subsequent rounds will operate with a 2 hour clock.

General rules:
1) There will be 2 seasons played each year; Season 1 will begin after the Initial spring free agent draft and prospect draft - Season 2 will begin after completion of the supplemental draft.
2) Divisional assignments will change each season. Initial divisional assignments will be follow the general 1-4-7-10 East, 2-5-8-11 Central and 3-6-9-12 West.
3) Cumulative team records will determine the divisional assignments for Season 1 of each new year.
4) Divisional assignments for season 2 each year will be determined by the final win/loss records of the previous season.
5) All transactions must be posted on the individual league thread.
6) The league Commish shall maintain a record of all drafts, transactions and player movements and provide a copy to any owner on request.
7) All ties between teams will be broken by the previous season's head to head win/loss records. If this does not break the tie, cumulative win/loss head to head records will be used.
8) You cannot trade draft choices that you do not own. This means that if you trade a 9th round draft pick, you must release as many players as necessary to insure that you will have a 9th round pick. For example, you have a 40 man roster, and you have acquired an extra 2nd, 3rd, and 6th round draft picks during the year. You have also traded away
a 7th and 9th round draft pick. This means you must release at least 12 players prior to the draft to insure that you will have a 9th round pick. If you plan to continue drafting beyond
Round 9 you will have to release an additional player for each subsequent round. You cannot drop more than 15 players.
9) All rule changes must pass by a super majority - 8 owners or more.
10) There are no specific rules against "roster dumping." Owners no longer in a pennant race can use their best judgement in determining the makeup of their team, provided that all general roster size limits are met. However, it is expected that all owners will act in the best interests of the game.
11) All leagues will be set up using the DH.

Stadium rules:
1) Each player will draft a stadium during Round 41 of the Initial Free Agent draft.
2) Stadium draft order will be the reverse of Round 1 of the Initial Free Agent draft.
3) Stadiums are unique and belong to each owner for the duration of the league. There will be no annual or seasonal draft of new stadiums, so choose your stadium wisely.
4) Stadiums can only be changed through trade. Players may trade stadiums with other players at any time except while a regular season is in progress.
5)If an owner's stadium dimensions changes by 6 or more in any one area (example Left Hr's goes from 1-6 to 1-12) or by 15 or more cumulatively that owner may change to an unowned stadium. The new stadium's dimensions must be within 4 in each category (or as close as possible if none fit that). This choice must be declared when the Spring FA cuts are declared.

Roster rules:
1) Each team must carry no more than a 40 man roster. In the event a transaction sends an owner's roster above the 40 man limit, said owner is allowed 1 day to release as many players as necessary to get back to the 40 man limit. However if an owner has less than 40 players due to uneven trades, the owner cannot bring his roster to the full 40 until a Free agent draft, whether spring or supplemental. ( See Player Movement)
2) Each team must carry a 25 man league roster during each season.
3) Each will carry a 15 man minor league roster during each season.
4) Each team may add an additional 3 players (to a maximum of 28 players) to their MLB roster once game 132 has been played.
5) There are no limits to tranactions between an owner's major and minor league rosters except those internal to the SOM game engine.
6) Injured players can be kept on a team's major league roster for the duration of their injury. Players promoted to the major league roster as injury replacements must be returned to the minor league roster once the injury has healed. There is a 2-game grace period to return injury replacement players to the minor league roster - this allows each
owner to maintain a constant 25 man roster at all times. We will be using the honor system here - please don't keep players beyond their authorized time!
7) Each team is set up with a $200 million dollar roster; all roster transactions will use the 10% Free Agent penalty.
8) The minimum roster size is 30 players. The only exceptions are during the supplemental and free agent draft periods.
9) All teams must meet SOM roster requirements at all times.

Prospect Player rules:
1) Prospects are any player without MLB experience prior to opening day of the current MLB season. Does not matter if they are signed by a MLB team, amateurs may be drafted.
2) No limit to number of prospects on each team.
3) Prospects are not counted as part of the 40 man roster while they maintain their prospect status.
4) Prospects can be kept on the prospect roster indefinitely as long as they do not receive a SOMO card. After they receive a SOMO card they must either be promoted to the 40 man roster or be released before the next league season.
5) Prospects can be traded.
6) Only one prospect draft per year is to limit the number of draft headaches. The prospect eligibility rules being used are an attempt to keep the prospect process as simple as possible. No need to track how long a player has been carded or on a roster- they are either a prospect or they are carded and must be on the 40 man roster. Also will prevent confusion regarding timing of MLB draft.

Player movement:
1) Trading players is authorized and encouraged. The trading of draft picks is also authorized. Unbalanced trades are authorized provided that the 40 man roster limit is maintained at all times; in the event of an unbalanced trade the owner of the team whose roster exceeds the 40 man limit is allowed 1 day to release player(s) to get back to the 40 man limit.
2) There will be no pickups of free agent players except through the Annual and Supplemental Free Agent drafts.
3) Prospects must be promoted (or released) to the major league roster before the regular season if they received a SOMO card for that season. Prospect promotions will be announced at the same time as the spring FA draft drops.
4) Regular players can be released from the 40 man roster only for the following: a) pre-draft release prior to Annual Free Agent draft; b) pre-draft release prior to Supplemental free agent draft; c) to bring a roster down to the 40 man limit as a result of an unbalanced transaction.

Stratdraft will probably be used for drafting and recordkeeping, stratdraft is free for players-only one owner needs to pay, either derfs or myself will pay.
Last edited by travelingjack on Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:15 am, edited 50 times in total.
travelingjack

Use stratdraft site for drafting

Postby travelingjack » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:24 pm

Draft Order

1. thechamp87
2. Tom Pierce
3. Cubit
4. derfs
5. JMP1
6. Aray0113
7. sjkorte
8. The Turtle
9. azpanthers11
10. blackjack57
11. Roscodog
12. buzz082308

Go to "Draft Views-My Competition" then submit the team you want to look at to see a list of players on other teams. To see your team it's the same except "my draft" instead of competition.

Go to "Front Office-My Profile" to set up email alerts if you want to receive them. Below that is the proxy list. To set up a proxy list here is what you do:

Check Auto Draft-If your pick is already up you must draft manually. Therefore if you add information to the Autodraft system while your turn is up, it will not take affect until your next pick. Auto draft remains enabled and will continue drafting for each of your turns until turned off.

Find the player you want to proxy. Input the id (example- s4 for T. Abreau) for your choice into one of the fifteen proxy boxs. After you hit submit your choice's name will appear next to the id. If you want to delete a proxy just backspace the id and submit. You can put in up to 15 choices, in up to three groups. There is a fairly good explanation on the stratdraft page of how to use the group settings. [b:37a0946201]Make sure you set the "draft a maximum of _ players" to at least 1. [/b:37a0946201]
After you are finished be sure to submit and then turn off if you don't want them on presently. The "Obtain ID for pre-Majors Player" box is for prospects, etc. we won't use that.

If you want to change your password: "Front Office- My Profile"- near bottom of top box, check "change pw" to ungray box

You can trade draft picks on the stratdraft site but everyone should still post and confirm on the ILC first. ILC will take precedence over stratdraft in the event of an issue. To trade picks go to "front office"- "transactions" - "new transactions". When you trade picks there the site will adjust the draft order so make sure you do it correctly. If you don't want to do it yourself I'll do it.
Last edited by travelingjack on Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
travelingjack

Postby thechamp87 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:47 pm

MY 1ST PICK: [b:d1e58f8dc3]Robinson Cano[/b:d1e58f8dc3]
thechamp87

Postby Roscodog » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:01 pm

I just thought of a potential problem with the draft for me. I work during the day and can access the strat forums for drafts. Some sites however, are blocked for me at work (for example I can't access my strat teams). I'm not sure if the draft site we are using is blocked or not. I'll set proxies tonight, and if unable to access the site at work I'll log on as soon as I get home (it will be later than usual as well). I'm sorry I didn't think of this earlier. Although I want to be part of this league, I don't want to hold this draft up. If you need to kick me out and find a replacement I understand. Unfortunately I don't even know if it will be a problem until tomorrow. :(
Roscodog

Postby travelingjack » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:32 pm

I pm'd rosco, I think he'll be ok. I can make proxy picks if someone can't access the stratdraft site. If I'm not going to be around I can also give admin rights to someone else so they can choose proxys. Even though there is no clock in the 1st round you all may want to set proxys just to see if they work. Announce your picks here for the 1st round as well if you have time.

When the clock is on you can also set auto-draft to either pick right away or only pick to avoid a time violation.

p.s. Obviously everyone's work computers will be different but my work has fairly tough access rules and I have no problem accessing stratdraft there (and slacking off).
travelingjack

you guys know this is a keeper lg, right :)

Postby travelingjack » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:39 pm

1. thechamp87 - Cano NYY
2. Tom Pierce - Pujols STL
3. Cubit
4. derfs
5. JMP1
6. Aray0113
7. sjkorte
8. The Turtle
9. azpanthers11
10. blackjack57
11. Roscodog
12. buzz082308
travelingjack

I'm not sure about the "pass" feature

Postby fredpaii » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:28 am

What is that and how and when do I use that?

It's in reference to proxy setting.
fredpaii

Re: I'm not sure about the

Postby travelingjack » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:39 am

[quote:4d13d96d32="derfs"]What is that and how and when do I use that?

It's in reference to proxy setting.[/quote:4d13d96d32]

pass= skip your pick, so probably not something you want to do :shock:
travelingjack

Postby travelingjack » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:02 pm

Cubit has not checked back in since he signed up, hopefully he will do so by this evening. He is a good guy to have in the league so I hope that he is able to get his pick in today. If not, tomorrow mid-morning I'll start looking for a replacement. It has been less than 24 hrs since we filled and started drafting (and no time limit on 1st round) so it's still early to be talking about replacing anyone but I did emphasize quick drafting in the sign-up thread. Plus derfs will probably have a coronary if we wait too long :P .
travelingjack

Postby Cubit » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:35 pm

I only got back from travel yesterday. It seems I only just signed up-- sorry folks. Luckily I just got a kind message from Steve telling me I'm up and I have dropped everything (i.e. my current faculty meeting) to get in that pick. I did not know you would fill so quickly -- :shock:

Are we picking here, as in the above posted First Round list, or are we picking elsewhere?

Editing myself-- just saw the note at the top of this thread. I will go there and see what happens, but I may have to go back to my meeting first. I will be back on a little later this afternoon -- Promise!

"Now, about your last point Dean,....."

ONE MORE QUICK PEEK before I duck back in... How do I join the site we are doing this on-- Please fill me in and I'll do it immediately. Is there a site password I somehow missed or is it an individual one?
Last edited by Cubit on Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cubit

Next

Return to Individual League Chat