The NEW FRANCHISE LEAGUE atgv6 version

The NEW FRANCHISE LEAGUE atgv6 version

Postby 2cityfan » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:30 am

TEAMS

1) NL East Expansion - (all EXP teams only) Chicago Cubs, Montreal
Expos, New York Mets, Philadelphia Phillies, Pittsburgh Pirates, St. Louis Cardinals - + Larry Walker

2) NL West Expansion - (all EXP teams only) Atlanta Braves, Cincinnati
Reds, Houston Astros, Los Angeles Dodgers, San Diego Padres, San Francisco Giants + Todd Helton

3) AL East Expansion - (all EXP teams only) Baltimore Orioles, Boston Red Sox, Cleveland Indians, Detroit Tigers, Milwaukee Brewers, New York
Yankees, Toronto Blue Jays + Curt Schilling and Miguel Cabrera

4) AL West Expansion - (all EXP Teams only) California Angels, Chicago
White Sox, Kansas City Royals, Minnesota Twins, Oakland Athletics, Seattle Mariners, Texas Rangers + Dean Chance, Bobby Grich and Randy Johnson

5) Beantown - BOS-DB, BOS-PRE, BOS-POST, BSB-DB, BSB-PRE, MIL-

6) Big Apple Nationals - BKN-DB, BKN-PRE, BKN-POST, NYG-DB, NYG-PRE,
NYG-POST

7) Acela Express - NYY-DB, NYY-PRE, NYY-POST, WAS-DB, WAS-PRE, WAS- POST, Wash EXP

8) City of Brotherly Love - KC-POST, PHA-DB, PHA-PRE, PHI-DB, PHI-PRE,
PHI-POST

9) Ohio River - CIN-DB, CLE- DB, CIN-POST, PIT-DB, PIT-PRE,
PIT-POST + Frank Robinson, Nap Lajoie

10) Great Lakes - CIN- PRE, CLE-PRE-CLE-POST, DET-DB, DET-
PRE, DET-POST

11) Windy City - CHC-DB, CHC-PRE, CHC-POST, CHW-DB, CHW-PRE, CHW-POST

12) Gateway City - BAL-POST, SLB-PRE, SLB-DB, STL-DB, STL-PRE, STL-POST

[u:f87a77d81b][b:f87a77d81b]Rules for discussion:[/b:f87a77d81b][/u:f87a77d81b]
1.) Where players have cards with multiple teams and/or multiple eras, the team with rights to the high dollar card gets Auto Draft rights.. if the cards are not auto drafted any team with a lower dollar version of that player can draft them out of the free agetn pool.. thoughts?

2.) Card version (do we allow teams to use any version of a player, or just the version carded to their team (i.e. the Cardinals could not use the Cubs Hornsby ect..)

3.) Do we include the NEL Players? How about a grabber team?

4.) I am thinking a rotating salary cap (between 140, 130 and 100) by season.. Proabably stay with a DH throughout, but open to a season or 2 where pitchers bat (in a 100 mil season)

5.) ball parks, as always associated with the team you selected

6.) Divisions and team rotation order will be randomized..

Thoughts on these topics???
Last edited by 2cityfan on Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
2cityfan

Postby bontomn » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:09 pm

A few thoughts:

I think it would be best if everyone committed to 12 seasons, playing each grouping once, and only once.

I like your groupings, and I agree that multiple-carded players go first to the teams where they are higher-salaried. I would urge that multiple-carded players be used only by the teams they are assigned to (thus, the Cardinals manager could use only Hornsby's StL card,

But I don't like the rotating salary idea. It doesn't seem fair to force one manager to play a $120 mil Yankees team while, the next season, the new Yankees manager might get a $140 mil team.

I'd leave the NeLers out entirely, unless one or two of them are needed to strengthen a weak grouping -- and, then, only on a strict assigned basis.
For example, if one of the groupings is short at a position, add a NeLer to the roster. But, at quick glance, I didn't notice any groups that would require this.

I'll try to stay in touch over the next 30 days, when I'll be traveling on vacation.

Tom
bontomn

Postby andycummings65 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:59 pm

[color=red:3f7d8b1bd1]My thoughts below; 2city, you always do a good job of spreading talent around for league slike this[/color:3f7d8b1bd1]
Rules for discussion:

1.) Where players have cards with multiple teams and/or multiple eras, the team with rights to the high dollar card gets Auto Draft rights.. if the cards are not auto drafted any team with a lower dollar version of that player can draft them out of the free agetn pool.. thoughts? [color=red:3f7d8b1bd1]Yes[/color:3f7d8b1bd1]

2.) Card version (do we allow teams to use any version of a player, or just the version carded to their team (i.e. the Cardinals could not use the Cubs Hornsby ect..) [color=red:3f7d8b1bd1]I disagree with Tom on this; If i get a player i want to be able to use any card[/color:3f7d8b1bd1]

3.) Do we include the NEL Players? How about a grabber team? [color=red:3f7d8b1bd1]No Nels, no Grab Bag. LIke the NeL cards, but they totally throw off the purpose of a Franchise League[/color:3f7d8b1bd1]

4.) I am thinking a rotating salary cap (between 140, 130 and 100) by season.. Proabably stay with a DH throughout, but open to a season or 2 where pitchers bat (in a 100 mil season) [color=red:3f7d8b1bd1]Don't like rotating; 120-130m is fair[/color:3f7d8b1bd1]

5.) ball parks, as always associated with the team you selected [color=red:3f7d8b1bd1]Yes[/color:3f7d8b1bd1]

6.) Divisions and team rotation order will be randomized.. [color=red:3f7d8b1bd1]Yes[/color:3f7d8b1bd1]

[color=red:3f7d8b1bd1]Oh, and I'm in, regardless of what is decided on the above points[/color:3f7d8b1bd1]
Last edited by andycummings65 on Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
andycummings65

Postby FRANKMANSUETO » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:08 pm

I am in and here are my 2 cents.

Player Card: Best to be used.
Cap: 120-140MM Set. No changing.
Groupings are fine.
No NELs, unless a 1 Rd draft for NELers is used and it is 1 per team. This would change with each season as a randomizer would be needed to determine drafting positions.
Stadium based on groupings only.
FRANKMANSUETO

Postby 2cityfan » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:09 pm

Thanks Andy, Frank and Tom, I appreciate your feedback.. Let's let a few other managers chime in with their opinions..

BTW, this will be a 12 season commitment.. Assuming we do not add a team grouping for the NEL's or a grab bag.. which at this point does not seem like a popular idea..
2cityfan

Postby Private Jet Mama's Boys » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:02 pm

I'm in if it's a $120 million max. All other rules I'll go with whatever is decided.
Private Jet Mama's Boys

Postby warrenbob52 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:27 pm

I am in and agree with Andy
warrenbob52

Postby modmark46 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:46 pm

It's an enjoyable theme, but I will have to pass. Just too many multi-league commitments running right now. Have fun, guys.
modmark46

Postby JKolak » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:18 am

Thank you Andy for taking over as league commissioner. This will be a challenging theme once the ground rules are set. The multiple player cards will make this rather interesting. I will be glad to play again.
JKolak

Postby JKolak » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:23 am

I like the $120M cap, it forces some managing. Highest salary card prevails makes sense to me. Otherwise, this will be a difficult one to unravel. Torn a little bit with the manager having rights to all player cards and just using the highest salary one of set. The highest salary one use only makes it simple.
JKolak

Next

Return to Individual League Chat