Summer - Winter Keeper League Chat

Postby tcochran » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:15 pm

OK, I think KD has us looking in the right direction here. Steps in the process would be:

1. Dreamingtree tells us that Masterson would have been his choice at #258, instead of Carrasco. (DONE)

2. Knight posts here in the forum the name of his pick to replace Masterson at #264.

3. Dreamingtree and I coordinate when to restart the draft, so that dreamingtree can make the next pick.

4. Dreamingtree also tells me the name of his actual pick for #271 -- i.e., who he would have picked, if we had not had this mess to contend with.

5. I exclude dreamingtree's real #271 from the draft selections available to others.

6. When the draft restarts, dreamingtree selects Knight's pick as #271.

7. Knight trades Masterson to dreamingtree for the guy chosen at #271.

8. The only leftover bit is poor unloved Carrasco, the ugly redheaded stepchild in all of this. If/when somebody wants to draft Carrasco later, then he can select the worst $0.50 pitcher in the list to use as a stand-in -- officially draft that player, but then immediately post in the forum that name as a stand-in for Carrasco.

9. After that, we should each have a beer, as the rain delay ends and the draft continues on again!
Last edited by tcochran on Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tcochran

Postby tcochran » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:19 pm

Great news! While I was writing that last epic email, Knight let me know that Aaron Miles would be his pick.

So, dreamingtree, let me know:
a. When you are ready to pick Miles at #271; and
b. Who your real pick at that spot would be, so I can exclude him from the list of those available to other managers
tcochran

HUH! What?

Postby jmlopp » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:20 pm

As usual I would check in to somdraft, cuss, and check out. Any idea
how long before we are back on? Perhaps we could run the draft on this thread for a while.

Mike
jmlopp

Postby tcochran » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:32 pm

OK, I think KD has us looking in the right direction here. Steps in the process would be:

1. Dreamingtree tells us that Masterson would have been his choice at #258, instead of Carrasco. (DONE)

2. Knight posts here in the forum the name of his pick to replace Masterson at #264. [b:3410d3ce37](DONE: Aaron Miles)

3. Dreamingtree and I coordinate when to restart the draft, so that dreamingtree can make the next pick.

4. Dreamingtree also tells me the name of his actual pick for #271 -- i.e., who he would have picked, if we had not had this mess to contend with.[/b:3410d3ce37]

5. I exclude dreamingtree's real #271 from the draft selections available to others.

6. When the draft restarts, dreamingtree selects Knight's pick as #271.

8. The only leftover bit is poor unloved Carrasco, the ugly redheaded stepchild in all of this. If/when somebody wants to draft Carrasco later, then he can select the worst $0.50 pitcher in the list to use as a stand-in -- officially draft that player, but then immediately post in the forum that name as a stand-in for Carrasco.

9. After that, we should each have a beer, as the rain delay ends and the draft continues on again!
tcochran

Postby jmccully61 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:37 pm

I have picked miles for pick 271, and sent a PM to Tcochran for my real pick at 271
jmccully61

Draft restarted -- JMP1 is up next for #275

Postby tcochran » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:45 pm

2. Knight posts here in the forum the name of his pick to replace Masterson at #264. (DONE: Aaron Miles)

3. Dreamingtree and I coordinate when to restart the draft, so that dreamingtree can make the next pick. (DONE)

4. Dreamingtree also tells me the name of his actual pick for #271 -- i.e., who he would have picked, if we had not had this mess to contend with. (DONE: Beltre)

5. I exclude dreamingtree's real #271 from the draft selections available to others. (DONE: Beltre excluded)

6. When the draft restarts, dreamingtree selects Knight's pick as #271. (DONE: Miles)

[b:4d1be7bd9b]9. After that, we should each have a beer, as the rain delay ends and the draft continues on again!

Ah, where would I be without Sam Adams to help me get through all this?[/b:4d1be7bd9b]
tcochran

Postby jmccully61 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:56 pm

I assume the trade and Beltre will be added after the draft? I just want to make sure so I can add them to my spreadsheet so I know what I need to pick next.
jmccully61

Postby tcochran » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:56 pm

I sent an email to JMP to let him know he could make pick #275 now.

There will be no 2-hour clock in effect until after each manager has made his next pick and is therefore aware that the draft has restarted. We sure don't want anybody to be skipped and then start this whole merry-go-round all over again!
tcochran

Postby tcochran » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:57 pm

[quote:bd0b9b423e="dreamingtree#41"]I assume the trade and Beltre will be added after the draft? I just want to make sure so I can add them to my spreadsheet so I know what I need to pick next.[/quote:bd0b9b423e]

Sure, that's fine. We can adjust the "official" rosters then.
tcochran

Postby jmccully61 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:01 pm

Do you want me to drop Crassaco from my roster or just leave him there?

Also, I assume we are still on the 10am to 10pm schedule, along with 2 hour time limit between picks? If so, is it a strict schedule, in that if someone does not pick within 2 hours of their time limit, then oh well, or should we be reasonable with the person, and give them some extra time to make their pick?
jmccully61

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat