Summer - Winter Keeper League Chat

Postby tcochran » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:05 pm

[quote:e7c6cfe571="dreamingtree#41"]Do you want me to drop Crassaco from my roster or just leave him there?[/quote:e7c6cfe571]

[b:e7c6cfe571]Please do not drop Carrasco[/b:e7c6cfe571], as the drop procedure caused major headaches in another draft I was in. We will handle Carrasco as mentioned in a post a few steps prior to this one.

[quote:e7c6cfe571="dreamingtree#41"]Also, I assume we are still on the 10am to 10pm schedule, along with 2 hour time limit between picks? If so, is it a strict schedule, in that if someone does not pick within 2 hours of their time limit, then oh well, or should we be reasonable with the person, and give them some extra time to make their pick?[/quote:e7c6cfe571]

The 2-hour clock will start up again after each manager is aware that we are drafting again. And yes, once restarted, a manager's turn will be skipped if not used within the appropriate 2-hour window.

Any manager whose turn is properly skipped can still make a pick later, of course, from the pool of players available at that time.
tcochran

Postby JMP1 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:14 pm

My pick is in... rock on!
JMP1

Postby Sknsfan » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:42 pm

Man we were doing so good.
Sknsfan

Postby JMP1 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:48 pm

I have a proxy set for my next pick so once HKMOSSY makes his two picks we will be rolling again.

I am finding that once I am 6 - 8 picks away I can figure out a proxy that will work to fill a hole on my team.

One question about the prospect draft. Will that be done on the site we are currently using for the draft?
JMP1

Postby tcochran » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:01 pm

[quote:803b5212fc="JMP 1"]One question about the prospect draft. Will that be done on the site we are currently using for the draft?[/quote:803b5212fc]

Both the stadium and prospect drafts will be done in this discussion thread, as soon as the active player draft is completed on the draft site.
tcochran

Draft

Postby PracticalDoc » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:45 pm

Wow, glad I decided to check this thread. I think I did skip over someone after the 2 hours expired. I apologize, I guess I misinterpreted something somewhere. From now on I will just wait on whomever is before me. Probably doesn't make too much difference in these late rounds though. A lot of rules to go over, so bear with me :wink:
PracticalDoc

Postby kaviksdad » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:50 pm

We need to make sure the clock is set up correctly in order to keep this problem from happening again. Has tech support on the site corrected the time problem?

Also, there may be times when the first person on the clock in the morning shouldn't have a full 2 hours to pick. If that same person was on the clock the night before, before the official pick hours closed, that time counts in the 2 hour pick window. Since proxies have been firing in the night this shouldn't be a problem, but in the chance that someone is on the clock when it goes off at night and is still on in the morning they still should have only the 2 hours that everyone else has.
kaviksdad

Prospects

Postby PracticalDoc » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:55 pm

Concerning prospects:

Would a player that played in 2009 but had no strato card in 2008 be considered a prospect?
PracticalDoc

Postby kaviksdad » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:58 pm

Cards have little to do with prospect status.

The way it works is this:

1) The player can have played in the 2009 baseball season on a MLB roster.

2) The player CANNOT have played during any of the previous MLB seasons on a MLB roster.

So think of it this way -- if the player has not had any MLB experience at all, or only has 2009 MLB experience, he is eligible for the prospect draft.

[b:52ca4dbc53]If he had any service in the MLB prior to 2009, even if it's only 1 single at bat, he is ineligible.[/b:52ca4dbc53]
Last edited by kaviksdad on Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
kaviksdad

Postby Sknsfan » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:10 pm

I think we'd be better served holding off on the prospect draft until later.

It seems off that I could pick up someone like Tommy Hanson now, when we all know he'll definitely have a card next season. Making him a viable top free agent pick for one of the teams that doesn't finish as well in the upcoming Winter league. This would dramatically reduce the Free agent draft opportunities.

By holding our initial draft after the season anyway, we've pretty much eliminated any top free agents besides the comeback players, rookies, and any surprise good cards there may be in next seasons set.

If we hold until after our spring Free Agent Draft, we'd be acquiring actual prospects.

Just my 2 cents.
Sknsfan

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat