Postby jmlopp » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:29 pm

:D
jmlopp

Yea!!!!

Postby jmlopp » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:29 pm

:D
jmlopp

Postby kimkrichbaum2 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:40 pm

I don't have the info for the 24th person yet (reserved) please get that to me. Also need help with initial set up. Per request from Cshannir. Draft will actually start at 10am est on Thursday, so everyone is prepared. 3 hour clock for round one, 1 hour after that. I need help with initial set up of draft on somdraft site. I will print some help with using that site for those who haven't used it iin the past later today.
kimkrichbaum2

Postby kimkrichbaum2 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:12 pm

1. cshannajr - TN - YES
2. thisisray - NY - YES
3. tcochran - AZ - YES
4. Terry101-NM - YES
5. RiojaDave - CA - YES
6. Kaviksdad - WA - YES
7. Mike Lopp - NC - YES
8. Matt B - NE - YES
9. litangel-WI YES
10. sjkorte - IL YES
11. ldanred-CT YES
12. Rant-MD YES
13. The Turtle - Ga. - YES
14. 7smitty7 - NJ - YES
15. KNIGHT - TX - YES
16. Qksilver - VT (DE) YES
17. J Law - MO - YES
18. Red Beards - Pa - YES
19. abert2b- LA - yes
20. ashleyjoe - NV - YES
21. CATom - FL -YES
22. Mr. Baseball World-Western Canada YES
23. Pennyville8- KY-YES
24. Page2-VA YES
kimkrichbaum2

Postby MCC09 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:40 pm

[quote:de47a34014="litangel"]1. cshannajr - TN - YES
2. thisisray - NY - YES
3. tcochran - AZ - YES
4. Terry101-NM - YES
5. RiojaDave - CA - YES
6. Kaviksdad - WA - YES
7. Mike Lopp - NC - YES
8. [b:de47a34014]MCC09[/b:de47a34014] - NE - YES
9. litangel-WI YES
10. sjkorte - IL YES
11. ldanred-CT YES
12. Rant-MD YES
13. The Turtle - Ga. - YES
14. 7smitty7 - NJ - YES
15. KNIGHT - TX - YES
16. Qksilver - VT (DE) YES
17. J Law - MO - YES
18. Red Beards - Pa - YES
19. abert2b- LA - yes
20. ashleyjoe - NV - YES
21. CATom - FL -YES
22. Mr. Baseball World-Western Canada YES
23. Pennyville8- KY-YES
24. Page2-VA YES[/quote:de47a34014]

MCC09 checking in, I"ll send a PM to litangel in a little while. Thanks for holding the spot. By work schedule for thursday is loaded, I may need some info on setting up proxies on the draft site.
MCC09

Postby kimkrichbaum2 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:00 pm

If anyone has used the somdraft site, and has a user ID different then their TSN strat user ID, please let me know.

I have id user names on the somdraft site for everyone except Abert2b Knight,and MCC09/ I will create user ID's exactly the same as yur strat handle for the 3 of you.
cshannajr, there are accounts for you on the site, one spelled wrong, I hope I pick the right one.
Knight, there is a knighterrant on the site, I am assuming that is not you.

More details to come on how to use the site, proxies, etc.

Draft lottery will happen at 10am tomorrow [b:ec8b76a107]Pacific time[/b:ec8b76a107] then I will set up our draft on the site.
kimkrichbaum2

Draft Info

Postby kimkrichbaum2 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:25 am

Some tips on drafting, you draft at the website http://som.somdraft.com

Our league name is 24keep. If you have a current username at the site, we will use that, otherwise your username will be exactly the same as your TSN username. test will wprk for your password. With 24 players, and an hour window after your first pick, most of you will want to use proxies, there is a tool for creating proxies on the site.(details for using proxies later in the e-mail). If you are not using proxies for some reason, you may want to ask someone who checks the board frequently to e-mail you when your turn is coming up.
After the window for someone's choice has expired, the next person will be allowed to draft. [b:8eed9ae1d0]Proxies do not work when skipping someone's pick. That can only be done manually. [/b:8eed9ae1d0]. you can leave as long a list of proxies as you wish. we hope for a reasonably quick draft, so please use proxies or check in frequently. If most folks are using proxies, the choices can really fly by.

Tips for using Proxies on the draft site
1. Select "Create a proxy" under pick options,
2. Do a search for the player you are looking for
3.enter his player ID, and normally keep all the other options as they are, except priority which denotes where you want him on your proxy list,
4. Click on Create proxy
5. Your list will stay active, with players you or other's draft removed, unless you make a change
6. If you don't want to use your proxies at any specific times, you can change "are your proxies on" on top of page to "No", but if you want to use your proxies again, remember to change this to "yes"
7. If you have two picks in a row, and you want say, one ss and one cf, that is tricky, but here is one way to do it. Say your 3 top ss choices are Reyes, Drew and Tulowitzki. You list them in order and set "Delete IF Group Picked" to Yes for all of them, that way when one ss is picked, the others drop off your list and then you can list the cf or other players you want with normal settings.
If you want to keep a list of available players who are not quite ready for your proxy list, but you want to keep an eye on for the future, create a special group, and set the round at 32 or above ( we usually leave it set at 0), that way this group will never be drafted/ Any time a player is drafted, they will be removed from all your lists. Any time you do a search for a player who has been drafted, that search will come up blank.
The draft site works well almost all the time, but has a couple of quirks.
One is that players with no position (pure dh) do not show up on the site. we will do with that with replacements. The 3 pure dh's I know about are Ortiz, Thome, and Hafner.
Dustin Moseley will represent Ortiz,
Jacque Jones will represent Thome
and Steve Traschel will represent Hafner
(I specifically chose .50 players who no one is likely to want.)

If you discover another pure dh you want to draft, you may designate a replacement for him from this list, announce the replacement on this thread, and draft the replacement player
GARBAGE LIST
Brandon Backe
Gary Majewski
Brad Hennessey
Luis Mendoza

Another quirk that is occasionally certain searches for a specific player will come up with an error message, this does not indicate that the player is not available. if you run into this, try searching by position, or by first name rather than last. I have always found one of those methods to work.
the last of the quirks I have discovered is that on rare occasions, the system will give one player an extra pick (this happened once each in my two other drafts). We will deal with that as follows. If you notice the extra pick, simply pick one of the garbage players above for your extra pick. If you do not notice because your pick is made with proxies, you need to correct by taking a garbage player sometimes in your next two rounds (who you will obviously not keep). If you do not, then the player you picked with the extra pick will be lost, and neither you or any of the other teams will be able to draft him in this draft.

Good luck in the lottery!
kimkrichbaum2

HI!!

Postby jmlopp » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:54 am

I am having trouble getting onto somdraft.
Could you PM me my user ID. Perhaps I am doing something different.

Mike
jmlopp

Postby MCC09 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:55 am

thanks for the info on drafting. I have another question about the draft. will we be getting a list/spreadsheet of draftable players or will we just have the draft site list for reference?

I apologize if this is information that I should already know, I read the boards last night when I was posting so I am trying to get up to speed.

I can't get into the draft site either using my username and password.
Last edited by MCC09 on Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
MCC09

Postby thisisray » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:57 am

Any player that is available on the draft site is eligible to draft.
thisisray

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat