24 TKL chat

24 TKL chat

Postby cshannajr » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:42 pm

[b:11ef929ce7][color=red:11ef929ce7]RULES [/color:11ef929ce7][/b:11ef929ce7]

[b:11ef929ce7]Initial Draft:[/b:11ef929ce7]
1) The initial draft is a 31 round live draft and the clock will start at 10:00 am EST the day after the draft order is established. Rounds 1 through 30 are for players; Round 31 is for the stadium.
2) Only those players who were issued SOM cards this year and appear on TSN"s website are eligible for the initial draft.
3) The initial draft is serpentine; all subsequent Free Agent drafts are non-serpentine based upon the previous season's regular season records and determined by a lottery (see annual spring draft section below).
4) Draft picks are tradeable.

[b:11ef929ce7]Prospect drafts:[/b:11ef929ce7]
[color=green:11ef929ce7]1) There is 1 prospect draft during each year, including the 1st season.
2) The first yearly prospect draft is 2 rounds and will be held immediately after our initial season's draft. The second Prospect draft will be held after the spring free agent draft in 2010. The third Prospect draft will be held after the 2011 annual spring free agen draft and so on. [/color:11ef929ce7]
3) Only those players without MLB experience and [b:11ef929ce7]signed[/b:11ef929ce7] prior to the start of that MLB season, are eligible for any prospect draft.
4) All prospect drafts are non-serpentine, and draft order is based on the previous season's regular season records and determined by a lottery (see annual spring draft below for details).
5) Owners lose rights to all prospects that they release; Released prospects are eligible to be drafted as either a) Free Agents if they were issued SOM cards or b) prospects again if never issued SOM cards and have no MLB experience.
[color=green:11ef929ce7]6) Effective with the 2010 card set, 30-minute time slots shall be used for all rounds of the supplemental and prospect drafts. [/color:11ef929ce7]
8) Individual owners are responsible for their own prospect research.

[b:11ef929ce7]Supplemental Free Agent drafts: [/b:11ef929ce7]
1) A Supplemental Free Agent draft of up to 2 rounds will be held between seasons 1 and 2 of each calender year.
2) All owners must announce their roster drops (up to 2) prior to the Supplemental draft.
3) Owners may draft no more than 2 players; Owners are not required to draft any players during the Supplemental draft
4) Supplemental Free Agent drafts are non-sepentine; Supplemental Free Agent draft order is determined by the previous season's regular season through a lottery (see annual springfree agent draft below for details).
[color=green:11ef929ce7]5) Effective with the 2010 card set, 30-minute time slots shall be used for all rounds of the supplemental and prospect drafts.[/color:11ef929ce7]
6) The Supplemental Free Agent draft is only 2 rounds. Owners with less than a full roster may use the Supplemental Free Agent Draft to get back to a 30 man roster provided they can do it within 2 rounds. There will never be more than 48 picks made in the Supplemental draft.
[b:11ef929ce7]7) Supplemental picks may NOT be traded. [/b:11ef929ce7]
8. Only players that were issued cards for that year are available for the 2 round supplemental draft.

[b:11ef929ce7]Annual Spring Free Agent drafts:[/b:11ef929ce7]
1) The first 3 draft position of the first round or each draft (except for our initial draft) are determined by weighted draft lottery of the twelve teams with the worst records. This includes, regular yearly draft, prospect draft and supplemental draft. All other draft choices and all other rounds are chosen in reverse order of finish.
2)The lottery works like this, We have a list of five states, WI, AZ, CT, NJ, and CA, in this order.
3) The annual spring free agent and supplemental draft will be determined by the lottery numbers on the day AFTER the previous season's Strat postseason ends. The prospect draft will be determined by the lottery numbers on the 2nd day after the Strat postseason ends.
4) We will take the pick 3 of the first state (WI), using only the last two numbers and use the chart below to determine who receives the first choice. We'll use AZ to choose the second choice, and CT to choose the third. If any of the first 3 states are duplicates (say WI and AZ numbers both choose the team with the 23rd best record, than we use the last two states (NJ and CA). If after 5 states, we still have not chose 3 choices, then we go in reverse order after the choices that have been chosen.

Regular and prospect lotteries should be drawn separately, despite the fact they happen at the same time of year/

Record of Team-last two numbers of pick 3 #

worst team 01-24
23rd best team 25-41
22nd best team 42-54
21st best team 55-64
20th best team 65-72
19th best team 73-79
18th best team 80-85
17th best team 86-90
16th best team 91-94
15th best team 95-97
14th best team 98-99
13th best team 00

example: On the day of the draft the numbers are WI-1(94), AZ-7(08), CT-3(19), NJ-8(66), The first choice goes to the team with the 16th best record, because of WI 94, the second choice goes to the team with the worst record because of AZ - 08, the 3rd choice would also have gone to the worst team, but the same team can not have 2 draft choices, so we got to the tiebreaker state, NJ, and the 66 means the 3rd choice goes to the team with the 20st best record. the 5th state is not needed.
The 4th pick goes to the team with the second worst record, and from this point on we go in reverse order of W-L record among teams who did not draw a high choice
5) The non-serpentine free agent draft of at least 10, and up to 15 rounds each year. [color=green:11ef929ce7] Effective with the 2009 card set, this draft shall be held in May[/color:11ef929ce7].[/b]2)
6)All owners must drop enough players to bring their rosters to a maximum of 20 players allowing for 10 draft picks; Owenrs can drop below 20 players, but must not have less than 15 prior to the draft.
7) Player drops must be announced prior to the beginning of the Free Agent draft.
8) All owners must have a full 30 man roster upon completion of the annual Spring Free Agent draft.

[color=green:11ef929ce7]9) Effective with the 2010 card set, there shall be no time clock of any kind in the first round of the annual FA draft. After that, however, the draft shall proceed with 30-minute time slots for all other rounds.[/color:11ef929ce7]

[b:11ef929ce7]General rules: [/b:11ef929ce7]
1) There will be one season played, this first year. However, there will be two seasons played each subsequent year. Season 1 will begin after the Initial spring free agent draft - Season 2 will begin in the spring after the new cards are on the TSN SOM websitet.

[color=green:11ef929ce7]2) Effective with the 2010 card set, the 24TKL will become the 2x12TKL, operating two leagues from the same card set, a premier one and a lesser one. Teams will be moved between the two leagues at the end of each season, based on their regular season win-loss records: The best 4 teams in the lesser league will be promoted to the West division of the premier League; and the worst 4 teams in the premier league will be relegated to the West division of the lesser league.

After the 2010 seasons are over, we will look again at the 24-team playoff structure, with May 1, 2012 as our new decision point. If TSN/SOM has changed the playoff structure for 24-team leagues in a reasonable manner, then we will revert to operation of the 24TKL, with random placement of teams in the various divisions. Otherwise, we will continue as the 2x12TKL with division promotion and relegation as in the 2010 card set. [/color:11ef929ce7]

3) Divisional assignments for each season be determined by the final win/loss records of the previous season.
4) All transactions must be posted on the individual league thread.
5) The league Commish shall maintain a record of all drafts, transactions and player movements and provide a copy to any owner on request.
6) All ties between teams will be broken by the previous season's head to head win/loss records. If this does not break the tie, cumulative win/loss head to head records will be used.
7) You cannot trade draft choices that you do not own. This means that if you trade a 9th round draft pick, you must release as many players as necessary to insure that you will have a 9th round pick. For example, you have a 25 man roster, and you have acquired an extra 2nd, 3rd, and 6th round draft picks during the year. You have also traded away
a 7th and 9th round draft pick. This means you must release at least 12 players prior to the draft to insure that you will have a 9th round pick. If you plan to continue drafting beyond Round 9 you will have to release an additional player for each subsequent round. You cannot drop more than 15 players.
9) All rule changes must pass by a super majority - 16 owners or more.
10) There are no specific rules against "roster dumping." Owners no longer in a pennant race can use their best judgement in determining the makeup of their team, provided that all general roster size limits are met. However, it is expected that all owners will act in the best interests of the game and the commish will have authority to veto any trades that are appear to obvious roster dumping.
[color=green:11ef929ce7]11) Effective with the 2010 card set, we will use the DH.[/color:11ef929ce7]

[b:11ef929ce7]Stadium rules: [/b:11ef929ce7]
1) Each player will draft a stadium during Round 31 of the Initial Free Agent draft.
2) Stadium draft order will be the reverse of Round 1 of the Initial Free Agent draft.
3) Stadiums are unique and belong to each owner for the duration of the league. There will be no annual or seasonal draft of new stadiums, so choose your stadium wisely.
4) Stadiums can only be changed through trade. Players may trade stadiums with other players at any time except while a regular season is in progress.

[b:11ef929ce7]Roster rules: [/b:11ef929ce7]
1) Each team must carry no more than a 30 man roster. In the event a transaction sends an owner's roster above the 30 man limit, said owner is allowed 1 day to release as many players as necessary to get back to the 30 man limit. However if an owner has less than 30 players due to uneven trades, the owner cannot bring his roster to the full 30 until a Free agent draft, whether spring or supplemental ( See Player Movement) or via another trade.
2) Each team must carry a 25 man league roster during each season.
3) Each may carry up to a 10 man minor league roster during each season.
4) Each team may add an additional 3 players (to a maximum of 28 players) to their MLB roster once game 132 has been played.
5) There are no limits to tranactions between an owner's major and minor league rosters except those internal to the SOM game engine.
6) Injured players can be kept on a team's major league roster for the duration of their injury. Players promoted to the major league roster as injury replacements must be returned to the minor league roster once the injury has healed. There is a 2-game grace period to return injury replacement players to the minor league roster - this allows each
owner to maintain a constant 25 man roster at all times. We will be using the honor system here - please don't keep players beyond their authorized time!
7) Each team is set up with a $200 million dollar roster; all roster transactions will use the 10% Free Agent penalty.
8) The minimum roster size is 25 players. The only exceptions are during the supplemental and free agent draft periods.
9) All teams must meet SOM roster requirements at all times.

[b:11ef929ce7]Prospect Player rules: [/b:11ef929ce7]
1) The maximum number of prospects allowed on each roster is 10.
2) Prospects are not counted as part of the 30 man roster while they maintain their prospect status.
3) Owners control the rights of their prospects for an indefinite period but your team may never have more than 10 prospects at a time.
4) Prospects can be traded.
5) Prospects can be promoted to the major league roster at any time, provided there is roster space available. Once promoted all prospects lose their prospect status, and cannot be demoted back to prospect status.

[b:11ef929ce7]Player movement: [/b:11ef929ce7]
1) Trading players is authorized and encouraged. The trading of draft picks is also authorized. Unbalanced trades are authorized provided that the 30 man roster limit is maintained at all times; in the event of an unbalanced trade the owner of the team whose roster exceeds the 30 man limit is allowed 1 day to release player(s) to get back to the 30 man limit.
2) There will be no pickups of unowned free agent players except through the Annual and Supplemental Free Agent drafts.
3) Prospects can be activated and promoted to the major league roster during the regular season provided there is roster space available to do so. Players with a full 30 man roster cannot promote a prospect until there is room available to do so.
4) Regular players on the 30 man roster cannot be released in order to promote a prospect while a season is in progress.
5) Regular players can be released from the 30 man roster only for the following: a) pre-draft release prior to Annual Free Agent draft; b) pre-draft release prior to Supplemental free agent draft; c) to bring a roster down to the 35 man limit as a result of an unbalanced transaction.
Last edited by cshannajr on Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:47 pm, edited 7 times in total.
cshannajr

Postby kimkrichbaum2 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:10 pm

hanks for all the work Chuck.

there are a couple of questions that were not ully answered in the rules.

What are the approximate dates our two seasons in subsequent years? Will we have one or two seasons this year, if two, when approximately will the second start?

is it true there is no prospect draft his year? That is what the rules seem to infer. Are the prospect drafts going to br one round only?

At the end of your player movement section, you state bring the roster down to a 35 man limit, where everywhere else you talk of the limit as 30, I assume that was an inadvertant mistake, is that true? I assume the limit is 30.
kimkrichbaum2

Postby cshannajr » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:43 pm

[quote:26e35371aa="litangel"]hanks for all the work Chuck.

there are a couple of questions that were not ully answered in the rules.

What are the approximate dates our two seasons in subsequent years? Will we have one or two seasons this year, if two, when approximately will the second start?

is it true there is no prospect draft his year? That is what the rules seem to infer. Are the prospect drafts going to br one round only?

At the end of your player movement section, you state bring the roster down to a 35 man limit, where everywhere else you talk of the limit as 30, I assume that was an inadvertant mistake, is that true? I assume the limit is 30.[/quote:26e35371aa]

1) I was thinking that we would only have one season with the current cards. That 1st season will start as soon as we can get our teams loaded after the draft.

2)Next year, I thought we'd have the draft the 1st Monday in June. Many of the guys that signed up are in other keepers and, by drafting in June, it will kind of separate our league a little. The 2nd season would begin as soon as we can get our teams loaded after the 2 round summer supplemental draft.

3)No prospect draft this year. There will be only 1 prospect draft consisting of 2 rounds per year. This draft will be held immediately after the annual spring free agent draft.

4) yeah...that reference to 35 man limit should have been 30...typo, my bad :oops:

I hope this clarifies everything. Sound good?
cshannajr

Postby kimkrichbaum2 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:49 pm

I think there is a problem with no prospect draft this year. Drafting 1st versus last could be a big plus in a league this size. usually the prospect draft in reverse order helps balance that. I think it would be good to either have a 1 or 2 round prospect draft this year for that reason.
kimkrichbaum2

Postby cshannajr » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:58 pm

[quote:682281cd56="litangel"]I think there is a problem with no prospect draft this year. Drafting 1st versus last could be a big plus in a league this size. usually the prospect draft in reverse order helps balance that. I think it would be good to either have a 1 or 2 round prospect draft this year for that reason.[/quote:682281cd56]

o.k. Good point. We can ammend that. We can have a 2 round prospect draft immediately after our initial draft. Were you thinking all players that were signed by an MLB team prior to the start of the 2009 season, but with no MLB experience prior to 2009, would be eligible for the prospect draft?
cshannajr

Postby kimkrichbaum2 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:08 pm

I was thinking anyone who does not have a 2008 card, the usual standard in keeper leagues, but if you prefer we could do anyone under contract who has [b:c7784d8853]never[/b:c7784d8853] had a Strat card (saves Carpenter, Cruz, Soriano for next year)
The "do they have a card" standard is very easy to measure.
kimkrichbaum2

Postby qksilver69 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:26 am

Never had a Strat card works for me, and I like doing a prospect draft now, I also thought it was a critical part of the building process when we started USKL, HCKL, GMKL.

Some teams, due to who they got in the early part of the MLB draft, decided they were not as strong and so focused on more long term picks later in the draft and adjusted their prospect draft accordingly.

It definitely adds a layer of interest from the get-go.
qksilver69

Postby cshannajr » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:25 am

To keep the prospect specifically defined, I think we need to keep as players who have NO MLB experience prior to the current MLB season who is signed by an MLB team prior to the start of the current season.

Those who would be available for our first prospect draft would be Matt Wieters, Chris Coghlan, Rick Porcello, etc...

Those who would not be available would be Carpenter, Cruz, Soriano, etc...

Also unavailable would be a player like Stephen Strasburg...he was signed in the middle of the MLB season.

I believe this gives lower end teams more of opportunity to improve the following year.
cshannajr

Postby kimkrichbaum2 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:37 am

Chuck,

NO MLB experience is going to take A LOT of work to determine, a logistical nightmare. (and it would be yours, as I do not have the time to figure that out for all the available players) There are a lot of players who got called up for 8 AB or 2 IP, but never got a Strat card, who have MLB expereince.

my suggestion is that the qualifications for this draft be, "Players who do not have a Strat card for 2008 or any prior year, and were under major league contract before the 2009 season".

Also, the draft site DOES support 24 teams. i have a heavy work weekend, and I will not be able to set up the draft til Monday, but since it does not seem everyone will check in til then anyway, that should not be an issue.

I suggest we set a time limit, and if teams do not check in by that date, then we will be open to others filling their slots.
kimkrichbaum2

Postby thisisray » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:57 am

I agree with cshannajr on the prospect rules. That is how it is in all of my other keeper leagues and that leaves talent around for later years.

I think this Sunday night is plenty of time for people to check in. I am fine with opening the spots right now. Either way we should do something about it.
thisisray

Next

Return to Individual League Chat