Finders Keepers Keeper League

Postby kimkrichbaum2 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:27 am

This rule printed before we started. counts as part of our official rules.

Right before each draft (except for the initial draft) I'll choose and announce 5 states, matter of fact, I'll do it now. Arizona, California, Wisconsin, New York, and Ohio, in that order. And we will check the pick 3's. Arizona will determine the first draft choice by checking the last two numbers in the pick 3.
00-01 5th place team
02-04 6th place team
05-09 7th place team
10-16 8th place team
17-26 9th place team
27-41 10h place team
42-65 11th place team
66-99 12th place team

California will determine the 2nd draft choice, unless the same team is chosen to draft as was in Arizona, you keep going down the order of states until 1st, 2nd and 3rd picks have been assigned. The rest of the first round (and all subsequent rounds) simply go in reverse order of finish.) if by the end of the 5 states. all 3 picks have not been assigned then we just go in reverse order of finish for the picks that are left.
kimkrichbaum2

Postby kimkrichbaum2 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:41 am

[b:a3ebe12e29]Draft Tips - especially for newbies[/b:a3ebe12e29]
Even with a 3 hour clock, if many people use their maximum time to pick, the draft will take a looooooong time, and take fun from the league. If you will not be checking the site frequently (once an hour) about the time you are likely to pick, then on the draft site we will be using, there is a function to leave a list of proxies, and the top player from your list available will be chosen automatically when your turn comes up. We encourage you to leave a list of at least 3 proxies if you will not be checking around your draft time. If everyone leaves proxies, the draft can go very fast and efficiently, and feel like more fun! Your list of proxies just keeps working, so you can even leave a long list that will take care of several picks if you will be away from the computer for a day or more.
Another technique for timely drafting is, if you check e-mail frequently, or you are on the computer, and you are notified of incoming e-mails, then give your e-mail address to the folks who draft right before you, and they can let you know when your pick comes up. We had good luck with this strategy in my last league, it is especially good for those who draft 12th and 1st, who have 2 picks in a row in the serpentine draft order, proxies are more complex for them.
I hope for a quick draft, but also realizes that sometimes folks non-strat lives intrude (we had a player that had several deaths in his family during the draft in the last league) and I hope we can all be understanding during emergencies.

[b:a3ebe12e29]Tips for using Proxies on the draft site[/b:a3ebe12e29]
1. Select "Create a proxy" under pick options,
2. Do a search for the player you are looking for
3.enter his player ID, and normally keep all the other options as they are, except priority which denotes where you want him on your proxy list,
4. Click on Create proxy
5. Your list will stay active, with players you or other's draft removed, unless you make a change
6. If you don't want to use your proxies at any specific times, you can change "are your proxies on" on top of page to "No", but if you want to use your proxies again, remember to change this to "yes"
7. If you have two picks in a row, and you want say, one ss and one cf, that is tricky, but here is one way to do it. Say your 3 top ss choices are Reyes, Drew and Tulowitzki. You list them in order and set "Delete IF Group Picked" to Yes for all of them, that way when one ss is picked, the others drop off your list and then you can list the cf or other players you want with normal settings.
Last edited by kimkrichbaum2 on Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
kimkrichbaum2

Postby RiojaDave » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:54 am

Well I´ve made my first ever pick on the SomDraft site.

(It wasn´t as satisfying as it could have been, as I saw the guys I wanted taken, but hey that´s what drafting is all about)

Just for my part, I am in Spain, so I am 6hrs + for the east coast. Shouldn´t be a problem though.

Glad to see things are rolling though.

Dave
RiojaDave

Postby kaviksdad » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:38 am

All I can say is thank god the clock now goes on. Even with the problems with the boards, 13 picks in 3 days is a terrible start to a 41 round live draft.
kaviksdad

Postby JAMESZIMMER » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:08 am

Is the 3 hour limit on 24/7? I suggest that on weekdays it starts at 8 A.M. and ends at 11 P.M. No clock on weekends. EST of course.
JAMESZIMMER

Postby kaviksdad » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:58 am

I agree with Zim. The hours and no clock on weekends is pretty standard with live drafts.
kaviksdad

Postby ironwill1 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:34 pm

Interesting choices so far. Very unpredictable.
ironwill1

Postby kimkrichbaum2 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:39 am

In terms of time what was stated in the thread before the league started was:
[quote:80b9d130b8]The clock will be on for the draft from 10am-10pm, 7 days a week, Eastern time (7-7 out west).[/quote:80b9d130b8]

I am OK with changing that if the group wants to, but I also noticed one message in this thread about the slow start, and weekends will only make it slower. So until we make another decision, I would think that the stated hours apply. Is that how you set it up, Ray?
Last edited by kimkrichbaum2 on Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
kimkrichbaum2

Postby kimkrichbaum2 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:43 am

Yes, Interesting Choices. In the other keeper league I joined, we didn't draft this many pitcher's til round 7. This is a very pitcher heavy draft. I sure hope Greg Maddux is still there when I pick again :wink:
kimkrichbaum2

Postby thisisray » Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:43 am

[quote:7de23ec0ff="litangel"]In terms of time what was stated in the thread before the league started was:
[quote:7de23ec0ff]The clock will be on for the draft from 10am-10pm, 7 days a week, Eastern time (7-7 out west).[/quote:7de23ec0ff]

I am OK with changing that if the group wants to, but I also noticed one message in this thread about the slow start, and weekends will only make it slower. So until we make another decision, I would think that the stated hours apply. Is that how you set it up, Ray?[/quote:7de23ec0ff]

I just put in the 3 hour time limit. I thought the clock was always 10am-10pm Mon-Fri. It looks as if it is on during the weekend though. I have no problem with that because it will speed up the draft so it doesn't drag on for weeks. We can always just not skip anyone on the weekend since some people do have lives unlike me. 3 rounds in 3 days is a little slow for me...
thisisray

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat