NEW STRAT KEEPER LEAGUE

Postby bvargus » Tue May 19, 2009 3:06 pm

When you go to somdraft.com, log in using the same username that is on this list, and "test" as the password. Once inside, you'll see the options that include changing your password, if you wish. You can experiment with the various options, including "Create A Proxy", which allows you to list players in order of preference in the event that you are not able to make a pick within the alloted time.
bvargus

Postby TefJ » Tue May 19, 2009 3:23 pm

I just did it that way because that's how we did it in the other league, and it minimizes the chances of a tie as there are many more options to choose from. I have figured out how to change the order, it's pretty easy, as long as you don't use firefox to log into somdraft. It works much better with IE.

Still, I think we should stick with the 3 digit method, as we won't have to wait for tonight's results to break a tie.

As Billy said, people should start to log into SOMDraft. Let me know if you are having trouble logging in.

I have started the draft. The clock is off for the first round, so we may as well start whenever people are ready. No rush for the first round, take some time to get accustomed to the interface, and feel free to ask questions.

Russ1409 is up!
TefJ

LIMITATIONS

Postby QUEDOG69 » Tue May 19, 2009 3:36 pm

HOW ARE WE HANDLING LIMITATIONS? CAN A PLAYER WITH LIMITED ABATS OR IP WITH A GOOD CARD PLAY AS MUCH AS A FULL TIME PLAYER?
QUEDOG69

Postby kimkrichbaum2 » Tue May 19, 2009 3:46 pm

Russ, I sent you a message over the Strat mailbox system (just click the envelope that shows up on your message board screen)
kimkrichbaum2

Postby bvargus » Tue May 19, 2009 5:40 pm

Steve, there are no limitations. I wish we could limit part-timers, but the SN game engine isn't set up that way. I've seen some posts on various message boards, but it doesn't seem that any of the other leagues have figured a way to do it, either.
bvargus

Postby bvargus » Tue May 19, 2009 8:29 pm

Hopefully, everyone's aware that we are now drafting, although no pick has been made yet. Here's a tutorial for the guys who have never used the somdraft.com site before.
To make a pick, you can type in a specific name, hit "List Players" and the player will come up (you can click on his assigned number to see his card.) Click on "Pick" to take him. Or you can just leave the name blank, choose a category ("Hitters" for example) and click "List Players" and all available hitters will come up, listed in order of $$ values assigned by the SN website.
To create a list of players you want in case you won't be around when your pick comes up (after the first round there will be a 3-hour clock), click on "Create a Proxy". Put the players assigned number into the "Player ID" section and hit "Create Proxy." DON'T USE THE ROUND OPTION, because if you list a specific round, the player will only be taken in that round, whereas you might also want him in the next round if still available. Use the "Group" option, and "Priority" : Priority 1 for the first player you want, then 2 for the guy you want if he's not there, etc. You can also list whether to "Delete if Group Picked", meaning if you get Player 1, you will still get Player 2 if available next round if you don't choose to delete him.
bvargus

Postby QUEDOG69 » Tue May 19, 2009 9:49 pm

Do I use my own user name to log in? Once I get to the screen how do I get to our draft list?
QUEDOG69

Steve

Postby TefJ » Tue May 19, 2009 10:24 pm

your user ID is STEVENDAVIS and your password is "test". Once you log in, you should see the draft on the left hand side. Let me know if you don't.
TefJ

Postby RUSSIMLER » Tue May 19, 2009 10:53 pm

Wow, it took me a LONG time to find that envelope....... :)

[quote:8a96e01a1c="litangel"]Russ, I sent you a message over the Strat mailbox system (just click the envelope that shows up on your message board screen)[/quote:8a96e01a1c]
RUSSIMLER

Pick #1, ALbert the Great

Postby RUSSIMLER » Tue May 19, 2009 11:06 pm

Ok guys, sorry, imagine my surprise when I got home from work and discovered we were picking Tuesday night AND I suddenly had the first pick. Even so, I guess the 1st pick is kinda a no brainer.

Team Midori Marauders selects Pujols, StL

Russ
RUSSIMLER

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat