NEW STRAT KEEPER LEAGUE

Postby kimkrichbaum2 » Sun May 24, 2009 12:12 am

Just so you all know, Cabrera and Martinez are now both gone.
kimkrichbaum2

Postby RUSSIMLER » Sun May 24, 2009 5:49 pm

Ok, I'm back, and I've made 3 proxy picks in case the draft takes off while I'm unpacking. It will take me a bit to catch up on who picked who..........
RUSSIMLER

Postby ndowdy » Sun May 24, 2009 6:03 pm

My picks are in, sorry for the holdup, went to my folks for dinner...
ndowdy

Jim Thome

Postby bvargus » Mon May 25, 2009 1:45 pm

Noticed that, as I was seting proxies, Jim Thome's name would not come up. But he does have a card and is eligible for the draft. WP and I have decided that anyone wishing to take Thome should post it on this message board, then on the draft site select some .5 mil player who is unlikely to be drafted in order to let the draft proceed.
Also, if you find any other player who's name will not come up on the site, let us know. Thanks.
bvargus

Even faster draft

Postby kimkrichbaum2 » Wed May 27, 2009 5:13 pm

Hi,
I don't want to sound unsatisfied, I'm not the draft has been going fairly fast, but I have an idea that could help it go even faster. It seems one of the greatest wait times is with Ndowdy, which makes sense, it is hard to proxy for 2 picks in a row when yo haven't picked for a while. I always draft right before Ndowdy, so if you wil give me your e-mail address, I could e-mail you when it is your turn.

Just an idea, I could see this working between Pennyville and Russ also, if they wanted to do the same thing.
kimkrichbaum2

Draft Picks R Us!

Postby kimkrichbaum2 » Thu May 28, 2009 2:40 am

Want two players but only have one pick. Afraid that player you want will disappear before the next round? Come to Draft Picks R Us!
I will trade down in draft picks in return for prospect picks: As follows:

For a first round prospect pick I will trade down 8 to 15 rounds depending on how high the pick is. For a second round pick I will trade down 5 rounds for a pick in the first half of the round, and 4 rounds for a pick in the second half of the second round. (Beginning with round 32, these rewards both increase by one round.) And for a third round pick I will trade downa round and a half (18 picks) til round 32, and 2 full rounds, Round 32 and after.

And if that doesn't interst us, how about
STADIUMS R US
The pick in th stadium round is obviously important> I have the second pick and normally would not trade it, but my team is balanced enough that it will not make such a big difference for me. So I am opening to trading down in the stadium draft round in exchange for some combination of players, prospect picks, and maybe draft choices.
To trade wiht someone at the end of the stadium round, I would want a player I value from about rounds 15-20, or a first and second round rospect pick or some package. The closer you are to me in your pick, the less I will need.

So contact me and get your draft and stadium picks while they are hot![/b]
kimkrichbaum2

David Ortiz

Postby kimkrichbaum2 » Fri May 29, 2009 2:09 am

Just like Jim Thome, David Ortiz has a card and does not show up on site. I am choosing him. I am officially choosing Luke Carlin *he seems useless enough*, But I am really taking Ortiz. If anyone wants Carlin, you can have 'em!

And for next pick I am taking Travis Hafner, also has a card, and is not on site, it seems no one who is a straight DH is listed on the site. His surrogate is Stavinoha.
Last edited by kimkrichbaum2 on Fri May 29, 2009 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kimkrichbaum2

Postby QUEDOG69 » Fri May 29, 2009 12:56 pm

Are we drafting 37 picks from the SOM pool and then the last three from prospects?
QUEDOG69

Postby TefJ » Fri May 29, 2009 1:12 pm

[quote:42663530b1]Are we drafting 37 picks from the SOM pool and then the last three from prospects?[/quote:42663530b1]

No, the prospect draft will occur after the initial draft, and the prospects do not count towards your 40 man roster.
TefJ

Postby bvargus » Fri May 29, 2009 10:22 pm

The somdraft computer does not seem to like rzepernick (maybe becuase he takes all the good prospects !); during round 33, he chose Felix Pie, and the computer placed Pie as his 6th round pick, where he had previously taken Johnny Cueto, which the computer never recognized. This left his 33rd slot empty, and he picked Jose Vidro so the draft could proceed. This means that anyone wanting to draft Vidro should post it here, same as with litangel's surrogates, Carlin and Stavinoha.
bvargus

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat