NEW STRAT KEEPER LEAGUE

Postby ndowdy » Sat May 23, 2009 1:14 am

I would have definitely preferred the top pick over the last pick. The first few picks of the first round is usually where you get your hall of fame types. Speaking of hall of famers, I just had to pick up Rivera to get a shot at his card this year. It's amazing. I'll probably be needing to find a new closer to replace him before long though. But his '08 card is worth it for me. :)
ndowdy

litangel, rzepernick please re-pick

Postby bvargus » Sat May 23, 2009 2:57 am

Somehow, the computer gave rzepernick two players with the 63rd pick. (This happened at 2 AM, so it probably was some problem involving proxies, I assume.)
I managed to erase the picks, but it somehow also removed litangel's pick, which had come just before. litangel please re-enter your pick, and rzepernick do the same--and then we can proceed.
bvargus

Postby kimkrichbaum2 » Sat May 23, 2009 11:15 am

This is screwed up! I picked martinez, not knowing that I had lost Cabrera, so then I tried to drop martinez, and repick Cabrera, and the system won't let me re-pick! Let me be clear, Asrubel Cabrera is my pick
kimkrichbaum2

Postby bvargus » Sat May 23, 2009 11:46 am

You are right, the system is screwing up. Everyone will just have to be aware that you drafted Cabrera and that rzepernick took Johnny Cueto. Which shouldn't be a problem, because both guys have disappeared from the draft pool. I have dropped Victor Martinez from your roster,and hopefully he'll show up in everyone's draft pool. I've contacted one of the administrators and he said it's a glitch that sometimes happens and nothing can be done.
[quote:f2ab7ee34b]From: LMBombers
I've seen this happen before. When the manager drops one of the players both players will dissapear. The player that the owner wants to keep will not be seen in his draft list OR as an available free agent to be drafted. It is just understood that the player belongs to that owner. [/quote:f2ab7ee34b]
bvargus

Postby TefJ » Sat May 23, 2009 12:04 pm

Cueto doesn't appear in my list, but neither does Martinez, and cabrera does appear. Should someone wish to draft Martinez, they should post of here and pick up someone no one would want to keep the draft rolling. Like robby hammock.

Sorry for the delay in picking. all my proxies were taken.
TefJ

Postby bvargus » Sat May 23, 2009 12:06 pm

Yes, my efforts to drop Martinez from litangel's roster don't seem to work. I've put in another email to the adminstrator, LM Bombers. In the meantime, as WP said if you want to draft Vicotr Martinez, just post it here and do not pick anyone on the draft site. The next person will have to draft manually. So hopefully, everyone is keeing an eye on this message board, especially since the Message Board on the draft site is messing up, also. I will send Private Mail to everyone as well.
bvargus

Postby bvargus » Sat May 23, 2009 8:23 pm

Everything has worked out okay. litangel still wanted V.Martinez, so when his next turn came up, he simply selected A. Cabrera, so he ends up with both guys on his roster.
bvargus

Postby ndowdy » Sat May 23, 2009 8:58 pm

I see it's my pick, just got back... I shall select soon. I got the message, Martinez not really gone, Cabrera is.
ndowdy

Postby ndowdy » Sat May 23, 2009 10:06 pm

my picks are in took a shot on zimmerman, hope he's for real...
ndowdy

Re: Reflections on the Draft

Postby ndowdy » Sat May 23, 2009 10:45 pm

[quote:92cfa3f148="litangel"]I have been watching the draft and thinking, "All these great players are going by, and I am hardly getting any!" And them I looked at everybody else's teams, and realize they might be thinking the same thing. I have had some great drafts in 200 mil leagues and come out with dominant teams, and my team in this league will not be like that, but no one else's will either.

I have made some questionable drafts, taking Sizemore despite the fact that he has a minor injury and is not hitting o well this year, and then taking Chipper and Youkillis, both of whom will be good this year and next, but no idea beyond that. I also have been drafting for best player available and realized I am not all clear whether I have a hitter's park team or a pitcher's park team. If I do this again, I may decide ahead of time.

As I look at other team's draft, I feel like RZEPERNICK has a great team for the future, Adam Jones and Justin Upton were both on my list. STEVENDAVIS's looks great both in the future and the present, and RUSS1409's team looks scary in the short to medium term if his next two picks are strong.

Pennyville' drafting style is the most like mine, all 3 of his choices were on my short list when he took them, and WPWANGFUDDLE get's the stole my choice award for taking Halladay three choices before me, when I had been waiting for him for a long time.

Good luck to everone.[/quote:92cfa3f148]

I really felt like that at first, especially w/ pick 12. I wanted Pujols :) This is just the first draft though of a hopefully long, successful and fun keeper league.

My biggest regret so far is probably taking Iwamura too high, but on the other hand that's a killer double play combo with Rollins, so maybe it's not so bad. I thought Youklis was going to fall to me but litangel got in the way of that (thanks)

everybody seems to be building pretty good teams, I think this will be a good league.

I hope it's an active one with trades etc....
ndowdy

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat