NEW STRAT KEEPER LEAGUE

Postby michael_kofsky » Thu May 21, 2009 8:45 pm

Ndowdy you are up for 2...
michael_kofsky

Postby kimkrichbaum2 » Thu May 21, 2009 10:31 pm

I want to encourage everyone to have a 3 or 4 player long proxy list if you won't be around. It's fun when it moves fast.

:lol:
kimkrichbaum2

Postby RUSSIMLER » Fri May 22, 2009 11:27 am

Ok guys, I'll be leaving town Friday at about 4pm eastern until Sunday afternoon for for Memorial Day. I've set up about 1/2 dozen proxies hoping the draft will move along. Hopefully it won't get past that.

Is there a clock on the draft picks, or have we suspended that rule?
RUSSIMLER

Russ

Postby TefJ » Fri May 22, 2009 12:04 pm

Thanks for letting us know. Billyv is the commish, so it's up to him. If the clock is on, and you dont have proxies left, after 3 hours you will be skipped, and able to make up your picks at any time when you return.

As of 1 pm eastern, ndowdys clock will have expired, and litangel can pick whenever. Once we resume, I'd expect 6 proxies won't be enough, as we've gone through 30something in 2 days. Try to leave as many as you can, and, ultimately, it's up to billyv.

Thanks for letting us know and have a great weekend.
TefJ

Postby RUSSIMLER » Fri May 22, 2009 12:48 pm

Sounds good. Maybe I'll send a list to Billy with a buncha picks. Have a good weekend everyone.
RUSSIMLER

Postby bvargus » Fri May 22, 2009 1:02 pm

Everyone who's responded on this post, and those I've contacted by private email, want to continue the clock through the weekend, and since I've heard no diseenting voices, let's keep it going. The three hour clock applies from now until the end of the draft.
bvargus

Postby kimkrichbaum2 » Fri May 22, 2009 1:34 pm

How does the clock work? Does the system show me when I can skip someone and make a pick. Ndowdy has 2 picks in a row, and so I would think that would give him 6 hours. Hope he picks soon.
kimkrichbaum2

Postby bvargus » Fri May 22, 2009 2:06 pm

He did have 6 hours, going from 8:05 last night (1:55) until 2:05 today (4:05). I'm sure it was just confusion on his part, as he gave me his private email before the draft to make sure to let him know if ever he's holding us up.
He has made one pick, but since the clock has expired on both, you are free to make a pick anytime. IMPORTANT POINT:
[i:8b7c6183ac]If time does expire on the person who is up, the next person can go ahead, but he has to make his pick MANUALLY. Proxies will not fire in that situation. [/i:8b7c6183ac]
BTW, The clock in the upper left on the draft site doesn't seem to recognize that our draft day ends at 10 PM. Nonetheless, it's easy for anyone to know when they are on the clock as every pick on the "All Draft Picks" page indicates the exact time it was taken.
bvargus

Reflections on the Draft

Postby kimkrichbaum2 » Fri May 22, 2009 7:09 pm

I have been watching the draft and thinking, "All these great players are going by, and I am hardly getting any!" And them I looked at everybody else's teams, and realize they might be thinking the same thing. I have had some great drafts in 200 mil leagues and come out with dominant teams, and my team in this league will not be like that, but no one else's will either.

I have made some questionable drafts, taking Sizemore despite the fact that he has a minor injury and is not hitting o well this year, and then taking Chipper and Youkillis, both of whom will be good this year and next, but no idea beyond that. I also have been drafting for best player available and realized I am not all clear whether I have a hitter's park team or a pitcher's park team. If I do this again, I may decide ahead of time.

As I look at other team's draft, I feel like RZEPERNICK has a great team for the future, Adam Jones and Justin Upton were both on my list. STEVENDAVIS's looks great both in the future and the present, and RUSS1409's team looks scary in the short to medium term if his next two picks are strong.

Pennyville' drafting style is the most like mine, all 3 of his choices were on my short list when he took them, and WPWANGFUDDLE get's the stole my choice award for taking Halladay three choices before me, when I had been waiting for him for a long time.

Good luck to everone.
kimkrichbaum2

Postby kimkrichbaum2 » Fri May 22, 2009 8:19 pm

Russ you can pick twice, Penny is overtime, or I guess Billy can pick for you. since you are out of town.
kimkrichbaum2

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat