Major League Keeper League

Postby thisisray » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:13 pm

damn i woulda taken chipper had i not thought he was retired. i didnt know he was still around. isn't he like 50 or something? i heard he was trying to beat out julio franco for the oldest player to hit a home run.
thisisray

MISTAKE

Postby thisisray » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:24 pm

i put in for 41 rounds in the draft not realizing that the last round needs to be in reverse order. once nythawk makes his last pick in round 40 we will do a 1 round stadium draft in reverse order of the 1st round of this draft.
thisisray

madigan's turn

Postby bvargus » Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:07 pm

Sorry, for the holdup. I kept checking in for a few hours and I wasn't up, then I had to leave for a few more hours. At any rate, I'm in Philly, so I know all about Chase Utley's needing surgery, but I made him my first pick anyway. I'm not too worried about him possibly missing a couple of months if this league goes on (hopefully) for many years.
Madigan33 has the next pick.
bvargus

Postby blsmith7 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:26 pm

Billy - I'm a South Jersey guy and I had Utley penciled in for my first pick. Then I had Wright and Reyes as my next two. How about that, all three went right before my turn :x . Oh well, I guess I'll take the first pitcher. CC, I hope you go to a winner and put up big numbers for a few more years (and lay off the Twinkies).
blsmith7

League Email

Postby thisisray » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:05 am

The email for the league is majorleaguestrat@yahoo.com Any roster updates or league emails will be sent out from this address.
thisisray

proxies

Postby bvargus » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:06 am

Now that everything's working, I had no trouble figuring out how to do proxies, and used one for my second pick. It was fun to do. Hopefully, the other newbies can give it a try,so we can speed up the ensuing rounds.
bvargus

Postby TefJ » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:11 am

I have a couple of small questions:

1) Is there a way to set the somdraft site to email you at specific times? Say, when it's your turn, or when a specific person makes a pick? I have no problem setting proxies and will do so should I have to leave. However, I'm pretty much stuck at my computer all day and would prefer to make the picks the old fashioned way.

2) Now that we're on the clock, should the clock expire without a proxy set, will it just take the most expensive person, or does it use a more advanced algorithm based on your team needs?
TefJ

Postby Ninersphan » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:21 am

[quote:0f115afbaf="WPWangfuddle"]I have a couple of small questions:

1) Is there a way to set the somdraft site to email you at specific times? Say, when it's your turn, or when a specific person makes a pick? I have no problem setting proxies and will do so should I have to leave. However, I'm pretty much stuck at my computer all day and would prefer to make the picks the old fashioned way.

2) Now that we're on the clock, should the clock expire without a proxy set, will it just take the most expensive person, or does it use a more advanced algorithm based on your team needs?[/quote:0f115afbaf]

I'm not in your league but I'm following with interest cause I like keeper leagues and can answer your site questions.

1) Nope, site doesn't e-mail anyone at all, I think it was going to when it was set up but that functionality was never added

2) Nope, if the clock expires without a pick made or a proxy firing, the only way for the draft to get moving again is for the next person to manually make a pick thus skipping the person that missed his turn.
The site [b:0f115afbaf]NEVER [/b:0f115afbaf]makes picks for you other than proxies. If you don't set proxies you will simply be skipped assuming the next person in line picks manully which will then trigger proxies after him to fire.

which can mean you can see, 20 guys fly off the board before you make your skipped pick, if everyone else has proxies set.

So it behooves you to keep updating your proxies.
Ninersphan

Postby TefJ » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:01 am

Thanks for the reply, niners. I will indeed be careful with the proxies. The Singletary era is proving to be interesting, to say the least....
TefJ

Postby Ninersphan » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:17 am

[quote:6492c3dd5b="WPWangfuddle"]Thanks for the reply, niners. I will indeed be careful with the proxies. The Singletary era is proving to be interesting, to say the least....[/quote:6492c3dd5b]

No problem, One other note about proxies, they [b:6492c3dd5b]DO NOT[/b:6492c3dd5b] fire automatically once the clock has expired on a pick. In order to skip a person who's time has expired the next pick [b:6492c3dd5b]MUST[/b:6492c3dd5b] be made manually. In other words if you have two consecutive mangers away from their computers it is posible to go 6-8 hours (depending on whether you have a 3 or 4 hour clock) with no pick.

Now I'll shut up and get out of you way. :wink:

But I'd love to see the rosters as you guys are progressing.
Ninersphan

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat