General Managers Keeper League

Postby Palmtana » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:32 pm

I'm ready to pick in the prospect draft but first I would like to know if the "Robert Bundy" on Cubit's team is really Dylan Bundy.
Palmtana

you're clear to pick Dylan

Postby qksilver69 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:49 pm

It's Robert Bundy, Dylan's older brother. Dylan was not eligible last year as he was drafted last year by the O's.
qksilver69

Postby Palmtana » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:19 pm

Thanks Dave (and Marc via e-mail). I've already got a Cole and 2 Bubba's on other teams so I'll take Dylan. And I'm not going to think twice about it "cause it's alright.
Palmtana

Nythawk's status

Postby kaviksdad » Wed May 02, 2012 9:57 am

Guys - I've just exchanged emails with Nythawk's wife. His absence is the result of a medical issue, and it may be a short time before he can rejoin us. Without going into details, it is a serious issue but the prognosis is good and he should be returning in the near future. Just when that will be isn't known right now.

I've assured Hawk's wife that our main concern is his well-being, and that his (and her) priority should be to take care of himself. I'm sure we'll all do what we can to cover for him in his absence.
kaviksdad

Prospect draft status

Postby kaviksdad » Wed May 02, 2012 10:37 am

Given Hawk's absence I'm putting a hold on the prospect draft. We're only 4 picks into it, and those 4 already taken I'm sure would be taken regardless of when the prospect draft began. We'll pick it up again when Hawk returns.

If it looks like Hawk will need an extended absence I'll ask for a caretaker owner to handle things until he returns. If anyone knows someone who would be willing to do so let me know.
kaviksdad

Postby cirills » Wed May 02, 2012 1:38 pm

While I agree with waiting I respectfully submit to being an overactive reactor to stats and injuries so if we are suspending the draft I'd like to withdraw my picks and see what happens in the meantime as everyone picking after me can do as well (or before me for that matter). I'm not saying I'd pick differently, but I may and should have the same opportunity is all.

Bottom line is I very well could have picked or will pick differently if the draft started in a week or so.

I of course hope for only the best with Hawk and his wife.
cirills

Postby qksilver69 » Wed May 02, 2012 1:47 pm

Sorry Sandy, but that is such BS. In some cases you have dragged out the endings of drafts, prospect or otherwise, when it suits your purposes, and I and other commishes have had to push you to finish in a timely manner so you don't gain an unfair advantage.

And now, when it also suits your purposes, we are supposed to redo 4 picks that are already on the board? This is KD's call in the end, but I strongly call BS on that. The picks should stand. Otherwise the draft process becomes contaminated.
qksilver69

Postby kaviksdad » Wed May 02, 2012 2:35 pm

Sorry Sandy, but the picks stand.

What I will do is allow anyone to trade a current 1st round prospect pick to you for either of your picks if you decide you want someone else. I guarantee that someone will take you up on it (I will for sure at #9) with Arendo and Bauer in the fold.

If it looks like Hawk will be gone for an extended period we'll come up with a solution then.

Under no circumstances will I replace Nythawk unless it by his own request. As one who's had his own share of medical issues these past couple of years I can understand the frustration when you can't participate in a team you've spent years building. If anyone has a problem with that then you do what you have to do and we'll deal with that if/when it comes up.
kaviksdad

Postby superflymacdaddyjuice » Wed May 02, 2012 3:45 pm

Well done KD.
superflymacdaddyjuice

Postby cirills » Wed May 02, 2012 6:07 pm

I had no idea how long the draft was going to be delayed by the language of KD's first post, so if it was going to be a long while I saw no problem with what I said at all. I'm trying to turn a deaf ear to your comments as I will not be lulled into anymore flaming sessions but your statements weren't quite on point.

I totally agree on not replacing Hawk - never said anything similar at all - so I don't even know where that came into play.

I merely contended that if we were "down" for a while that it might be more fair to restart at a later date. If say Gerrit Cole or James Paxton were to blow out a ligament in the next week then I'm sure that they would not be drafted by a savvy owner whereas they would have this week. I took the two guys I wanted for sure but if one of them went down say tomorrow would that be fair if the rest of the draft was actually starting at a later date?

What is wrong with what I said and how does that all relate to the muck you spewed???

Whatever, I'm always the villain .... and I never said anything about replacing Hawk or remotely similar .... :? :(

PS - Why would you have to "allow" me to trade a pick I made already away for a pick KD? Wouldn't that be something I could already do? Why would you have to "allow" me to do it?
cirills

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat