draft

resign

Postby GARYJEPSON » Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:23 pm

I hereby resign as the commisioner vowing never to take the job again you guys frenzy when you want to and I'll pick from the leftovers.

No sleep the last 2 nights I'm gonna get some now if you wanna frenzy now go ahead I'll wait no hard feelings. want to wait until a week from tonight that doesnt matter either.

Chops
GARYJEPSON

Postby Leo / loob » Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:11 am

yeah, great, get all pissy cause not everyone checks in on a draft thread when last they knew, we were drafting on Friday.....

Hey, real life happens

Real life is more important

In this case, I was at the hospital for 3 hours with my wife and our 23 month old son, Austin, cause he is starting to come down with pneumonia......

but hey, next time, he can wait, my wife can kick me out again, but atleast I will have 11 friends here......

:roll:
Leo / loob

Postby Rocket05 » Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:39 am

Well said Leo!! Life is more important and strato is just a very small part of it. Next time I suggest we spell out the exact rules of our league in the beginning a little better. We spoke of filling the league on Friday so we could start playing games on Monday. Was that THE date or was it just the last day, the deadline to enable us to start the league on the desired date??
[b:16a9faf4a1]
But anyway the league is now full and the mini-frenzy will happen tonight. [/b:16a9faf4a1] Tonight is the date most of us figured was going to be the frenzy, anyway. Right?

Let's have some fun!!

Rocket
Rocket05

duff

Postby nprud » Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:33 am

rod,

tell duff i hope phil's surgery goes well today. i always want to see duff (and his new kids), but it's frustrating because i'm not on his in list when he comes back this way.

i can't go to Sioux falls tonight. i have a clinic picnic in adrian tonight til 8:30 or so. if he's back in luverne after that or tomorrow, see if you can get him to let me know. reminds me of the time in 5th grade i took one of his basketball shoes, he kept walking, i put it down and started walking, he kept walking, i kept walking. you get the picture. he never did go back and get his shoe.

nathan

hope your son gets well, leo. i have 2 kids myself (6 years and 21months).
Last edited by nprud on Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:38 am, edited 3 times in total.
nprud

Postby errormagnate » Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:52 am

Well said, Leo. I hope your little one is alright. We had a family crisis here last night so no computer at all not that I can get to these new boards from that computer anyway :roll:
Just so you know I would NEVER have been upset at missing the frenzy.
I appreciate the consideration but in a frenzy you can nver please 12 people and if the majority had wanted last night that would have been A-ok with me.
Too late for now but in future, just know I am very hard to irritate except when some ass is whining at me over things I cannot control.
Advice make the rules, stick to the rules, and people will adjust, then learn from the mistakes and make changes for the NEXT draft.
Last but not least : NO WHINING! :D
errormagnate

Postby Leo / loob » Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:32 pm

Hey, think of it this way.....

waaaayyyy back when this game came out in April or so of 2002, I set up, and ran the 2nd EVER live draft on this sight. No real rules, just a straight 26 round player, with stadium draft. That was about it for the rules

Back then, they took 4-5 WEEKS to complete!!
Leo / loob

I will not frenzy tonight

Postby Assmeriten » Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:24 pm

I think it is poor taste to frenzy when Leo and his family are dealing with a crisis. I will not frenzy tonight or modify my rooster until we hear Leo's son is fine.

Any one who does so is cold and heartless and I will not partcipate in a league with them.

If anyone does fenzy/modify their roosters I will contact TSN and ask them to take control of my team.
Assmeriten

Postby Leo / loob » Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:02 pm

Hey, there's no whining in SOM......

We are full, the league starts Monday, the draft is tonight, and there is no waivers......

sooo....

Frenzy, and happy shoppin

I should be here, I am planning on going golfing in the AM, wifey is going to work in the PM (tomorrow that is).....

Baby is resting reasonbly well, nothing we can really do now but just be there, and let the medicine do its stuff....

Well, drank my pot of coffee, back to the hospital (2 miles away, which is why I/we are coming home for food, coffee, etc.... )
Leo / loob

Postby Assmeriten » Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:11 pm

[quote:48dfa51078]I should be here

Notice Leo didn't say for sure he will be here so my position on tonight still stands.[/quote:48dfa51078]
Assmeriten

Then take my team out of the league...

Postby geekor » Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:22 pm

Seriously,

[quote:128ec88a6d]Hey, there's no whining in SOM......

We are full, the league starts Monday, the draft is tonight, and there is no waivers......

sooo....

Frenzy, and happy shoppin [/quote:128ec88a6d]

What makes you think I have all Sat to sit around waiting to hear I am allowed to pick up a player? I do not have that luxery, in fact I may not be here tonight even, but I don't whine about it. He siad go ahead, so I'm going ahead. I still have my 4 teams, and that gives me enough to make a decent squad. The last 3 teams that are untaken don't have a lot I really want anyways, I'd almost rather see their players sit there all year and have no one pick them up :P
geekor

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat