Replay Keeper Draft - DONE, no more talk here

Postby tomwistar » Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:08 am

Assuming we finish this today, is the plan to enter teams and draft tonight? I can do that, but will be out of town without internet access on Thurs. afternoon/night/Fri. day. So after tomorrow morning wouldn't be able to enter my team again until Fri. evening.

Maybe we should send proxies to a couple people to keep the last round moving. I'll be available to take them throughout the day.

Tom
Last edited by tomwistar on Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
tomwistar

Postby Palanion » Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:08 am

Tim's proxy:

ROUND FIVE
1) Russian Treasures---Bobby ---Coveleski, SP
2) New York Hornets - Horntsnest(Guido) - B. Klinger - RP
3) Newark Marauditors - Bascum - J. Canseco RF
4) Diamond Chefs - bunze0 - K. Hernandez, 1B
5) whoa mama- Murphy70-TOM ZACHARY-SP
6) N.H. Primaries - Palanion - Sellers, SP
7) Conway Suns - sunsportsguy19 - Mudcat Grant, SP
8 ) Munich Germaniacs - Munich Man - Heathcote
9) Slugging Boss - Boss of Um- G Davis 1B
10) Mabel's Saloon - Frank Bailey - Merritt SP
11) Holy Schmoes - tomwistar - P. Dean, SP
12) Garfield Orz'z - TimOrz - Tudor, SP

MASTER PROTECTED/DRAFTED LIST:
---- updated through round five
Players are listed by primary position
C - Bailey, Bench, Carter, Hershberger, Lollar, May, Parrish, Fosse, Sanguillen
1B - Murray, Musial, Chance, R. Collins, Cooper, McCovey, Foxx, Gehrig, Cepeda, G. Davis
2B - E. Collins, Gordon, Gehringer, Mazeroski, Schoendienst, Hornsby, Morgan, N. Fox, Gilliam, McDougald, K. Hernandez
SS - Banks, O. Smith, Trammell, Wagner, Yount, Pesky, Ripken, Lazzeri, Crosetti, Bowa
3B - Bando, Boggs, Mathews, Steinfeldt, Rolfe, P. Rose, Money
LF - J. Jackson, Meusel, J. Robinson, Oglivie, A. Simmons, Yastrzemski, Stargell, Selkirk, Heathcote
CF - Dawson, J. Dimaggio, Mays, Snider, Speaker, McCoskey, D. Dimaggio, Doby, Mantle, Thomas
RF - H. Aaron, Cobb, Cuyler, Ennis, Gwynn, R. Jackson, F. Jose, Ruth, R. Smith, Valentine, Ott, F. Alou, S. Rice, Slaughter, Keller, Canseco
SP - Alexander, TF Brown, M. Caldwell, Camnitz, S. Carlton, Conroy, D. Dean, W. Johnson, Koufax, Palmer, Pfiester, Rommel, Speer, Ojeda, Clemens, Hughson, Yerkes, Boyd, McNally, Cicotte, G. Nolan, Brecheen, Key, Drysdale, Kaat, Killian, Vuckovich, Coveleski, Zachary, Sellers, M. Grant, Merritt, P. Dean, Tudor
RP - Bahnsen, Beggs, Eastwick, Eckersley, Fingers, Fosnow, Garber, Giusti, Hall, Lamp, T. Martinez, McEnaney, Staley, Tincup, Quisenberry, Worrell, Wyatt, Fryman, Lefferts, W. Hernandez, Klippstein, Klinger

ROUND SIX:
1) Russian Treasures---Bobby -
2) New York Hornets - Horntsnest(Guido) -
3) Newark Marauditors - Bascum -
4) Diamond Chefs - bunze0 -
5) whoa mama- Murphy70-
6) N.H. Primaries - Palanion -
7) Conway Suns - sunsportsguy19 -
8 ) Munich Germaniacs - Munich Man -
9) Slugging Boss - Boss of Um-
10) Mabel's Saloon - Frank Bailey -
11) Holy Schmoes - tomwistar -
12) Garfield Orz'z - TimOrz -
Palanion

Postby Palanion » Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:14 am

It is my hope that we can finish the draft by late afternoon, I already have three proxies in my PTs.
Then we can draft tonight, if everyone is in, but certainly could draft tomorrow.

I am going to set up the league soon.

For those unfamiliar with the process. You buy your team like normal - an 80mil., no-DH team. Fill your draft card like normal, but put all your protected and live drafted players at the BOTTOM of the card. The top portion of your card will be the players you hope to get via the autodraft.

What will happen is that I will set up the league as private, and send the password by PT to all my fellow East division mates. Once the last person from the East has filed their draft card, that person sends the password via PT to the Central division folks, then again with the West.

I do suggest, for most of us, that we begin getting our draft card ready, to expedite matters.

Bill
Palanion

Postby B.o.b.b.y... » Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:32 am

ROUND SIX:
1) Russian Treasures---Bobby ----D. Bush, ss
2) New York Hornets - Horntsnest(Guido) -
5) whoa mama- Murphy70-
8 ) Munich Germaniacs - Munich Man -
9) Slugging Boss - Boss of Um-
10) Mabel's Saloon - Frank Bailey -
11) Holy Schmoes - tomwistar -
12) Garfield Orz'z - TimOrz -
B.o.b.b.y...

Postby bascum » Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:37 am

First off I can not draft tonight, Wednesdays are realy bad days for me, I will be lucky to get back on and make my last draft pick to be honest! I will try looking in on lunch around 1:30 EST, but don't know when after that I can get back.
Second what is a PT? I assume it is come kind of message system, but I don't recognize the abrev, and I sure as heck don't know how to recieve one.
Thanks and sorry about the bad day, but Wecnesdays at work are all meetings, usualy back to back, and I run an AA meeting in the evening from 7 till 11 and have no access to the internet there. I do have my list mostly finished (adjusting for pics) though and can have it in early Thursdeay morning if I know where to send it!

Bascum
aka John Martin
bascum

Postby B.o.b.b.y... » Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:38 am

I can't find the post for the divisions...Can you list them...Thanks...Bobby
B.o.b.b.y...

Postby Palanion » Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:02 pm

Bascum - a PT, or PM, is a private message sent to another user. There are a few options to do so.
1) On each person's post is a "PM" link in the upper right-hand corner.
2) You can click on the person's name in the left-hand side, which brings you to the person's profile. On the right-hand side, near the top is "send a message to xxxxx" and click there.
3) You can access your own profile (through "membership" link on the tool bar below the Sporting News banner or by clicking your own name in a thread). On the upper right-hand side of your profile page, is "Private Message Inbox," click there for your PM inbox.
4) If you have a PM in your inbox waiting to be read, there is also an envelope icon on the very top left of any forum page that you can click on (it has a bluish haze around it).

This is also a way to list a proxy pick with me. Send me a PM with "Round 6 proxy" in the subject, and list 3 or 4 guys in order of importance. The first guy is who you get (what I will announce for you) if he is available, if he is not, I will announce the next guy on your list, etc.

To save time in the grand scheme, now is the time to prepare your autodraft card to put in a league through the traditional method. Remember, you can always adjust your draft card until you choose a league.

The divisions are:
EAST
Tomwistar
Palanion
Horntsnest
B.o.b.b.y...

CENTRAL
bascum
sunsportsguy19
Frank Bailey
TimOrz

WEST
bunze0
murphy70
Munich_Man
boss_of_um
Palanion

Postby tomwistar » Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:02 pm

East: Schmoes, Primaries, Hornets, Treasures
Central: Saloon, Orz's, Suns, Marauditors
West: Boss, Biermeisters, Mama, Chefs

Palanion, if you get the league set up today and the password to the east, I can get my team entered tonight and my lack of availability tomorrow won't be a problem.
tomwistar

Postby Palanion » Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:21 pm

Just need Guido and John to make picks and then I have proxies and my own for 4 of the following 5, and the other in that stretch I can call.

That would take us to boss.....

Bill
Palanion

Postby Horntsnest1 » Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:36 pm

ROUND SIX:
1) Russian Treasures---Bobby ----D. Bush, ss
2) New York Hornets - Horntsnest(Guido) - Baumgartner - RP
5) whoa mama- Murphy70-